Proposal: STL/EDM/CAR

bluesfan3109

Let's Go Blues!!!
Jan 26, 2015
STL/IL
So for blues fan this breaks down as Parayko for Drai...fine then Kyrou Sobie Schmaltz 1st for Faulk...not good at all

WeWentBlues

May 3, 2017
Canes are getting decent value but it's all futures. Their team is looking for roster players to win now.

Oilers aren't moving Draisaitl.

Can we please stop with the Parayko threads? Ain't happening.

Internettoughguy314

Oct 20, 2017
So for blues fan this breaks down as Parayko for Drai...fine then Kyrou Sobie Schmaltz 1st for Faulk...not good at all
That's not how you break it down. The extra's bring in Faulk and help EDM get Staal and Skinner. EDM doesn't move Draisaitl without a center coming back and the Blues don't have one to give. Why else would it need to be a three way?

The Moose is Loose

Jun 28, 2017
St.Louis
Im surprised how many Canes fans are against this. Staal has value, but Faulk has done much fir his value lately, and Skinner is a UFA. And we are getting a lot of futures, that we could definitely flip or develop into better players.

I don't mind it at all, maybe we can get 1 more piece, or something else instead of Sobotka. We are finishing off a rebuild, and moving the oldest pieces with value for futures isn't a bad play.

I also really really think highly of Puljujarvi, and I think Kyrou is an excellent prospect.

Overall I think it favors the blues a bit, and its bad for the Oilers as draisaitl is clearly the best piece. But overall its not a bad premise

LTIR

Nov 8, 2013
Or Oilers can just offer 2019 1st for Faulk and keep Drai n rest

Negan4Coach

Fantastic and Stochastic
Aug 31, 2017
Raleigh, NC
Yawn. Once again, its the "Hey Hurricanes, give us all your main guys and let us piss in your mouth in return lolwut I don't understand y u no love this Canze fans"

Last edited by a moderator:

McFlyingV

Feb 22, 2013
Edmonton, Alberta
With the Bouchard pick Edmonton would be idiotic to trade Draisaitl for a Dman. They have their future top 4 on D with Nurse, Klef, Larsson, and Bouchard, their top 2 C's in McDavid+Drai and potentially 3 of their wingers for their top 6 in Nuge, Puljujarvi, and Yamamoto. Doesn't make sense to trade any of these 9 players at this point.

McFlyingV

Feb 22, 2013
Edmonton, Alberta
They do.... Seguin and Johansen(ya, he regressed, but still a young 1c).
Seguin had well documented off-ice maturity issues and an unwillingness to work on areas the team wanted him to and that was the main reason he was dealt (not that it was a smart trade). He also played wing almost exclusively before being traded. Johansen had damaged relationships with contract talks in Columbus, and work ethic concerns.

So you're right young 1C's do get traded, but they only usually get traded when they have some sort of baggage or charter flaw that doesn't match with their current team.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad