GDT: stl @ chi

Status
Not open for further replies.

sbet1998

Feb 12, 2012
this is the one team we MUST be consistent against if we are to win a stanley cup. when we beat them, it's only a one goal game or a shootout.

this pattern of winning it close and then being blown out is UNACCEPTABLE
Okay, then. Season's over for you.

Its not exactly scientific to take a stance on anything after one game. Against a good team with hot players on the road?

This was not a blowout, either. They won, it happens.

RR10*

I remember a couple years ago when the Blues dominated the Hawks in a game. The Blues were very physical and the Hawks had no answer. Their fans were saying they just can't compete with the Blues because of their style.

The moral of the story.... It was ONE game.
A game they didn't care about. Playoff is a different story. Not for the Blues though.

Robb_K

Apr 26, 2007
NordHolandNethrlands
The Blues' confidence is still really fragile and shaky. They only needed to survive the last 52 seconds of that penalty kill at the beginning of The 3rd Period. The almost pulled it off, but got very tired not being able to clear the puck from their zone after several good opportunities to do so. the inevitable happened about 10 seconds after the penalty ended, when they still couldn't get it out of the zone.

Then, they fell apart, letting the Hawks' get behind their defence and drive in unopposed on goal time after time. Down 2 goals, they just stopped skating (gave up - resigned to lose).

I hope that the "real" Stastny will come out soon, and he'll be able to create offence. Tarasenko's and Schwartz's improvement and adding Lehterä isn't enough to compete with Chicago. The Blues will need to have 3 solid scoring lines and also to get their power play straightened out, so it can score reliably against good defensive teams as well as load up against the poor defensive teams.

Let's hope this was just a poor game, and not indicative of how they'll do against The Hawks in the playoffs.

BlueOil

"well-informed"
Apr 28, 2010
We are on a track for a first round exit. Is that what you meant?

What would make you confident that we weren't?

Winning this one game?

Trading away all of our good players for the players you prefer?

I understand losing is difficult, but even good teams struggle. You don't seem to grasp that. Blues need to improve, but the only thing needing desperate attention is your catastrophic attitude.

sbet1998

Feb 12, 2012
The Blues' confidence is still really fragile and shaky. They only needed to survive the last 52 seconds of that penalty kill at the beginning of The 3rd Period. The almost pulled it off, but got very tired not being able to clear the puck from their zone after several good opportunities to do so. the inevitable happened about 10 seconds after the penalty ended, when they still couldn't get it out of the zone.

Then, they fell apart, letting the Hawks' get behind their defence and drive in unopposed on goal time after time. Down 2 goals, they just stopped skating (gave up - resigned to lose).

I hope that the "real" Stastny will come out soon, and he'll be able to create offence. Tarasenko's and Schwartz's improvement and adding Lehterä isn't enough to compete with Chicago. The Blues will need to have 3 solid scoring lines and also to get their power play straightened out, so it can score reliably against good defensive teams as well as load up against the poor defensive teams.

Let's hope this was just a poor game, and not indicative of how they'll do against The Hawks in the playoffs.
They lost a road game to a good team that is playing well and was up for it. Lets not go too far beyond the realm of 'losses like these happen.'

Doesnt make any sense to.

sbet1998

Feb 12, 2012
A game they didn't care about. Playoff is a different story. Not for the Blues though.
There are other teams. Check this out...

Im a Kings fan now! I just decided to be, its that easy. I am now the authority on hockey knowledge.. My team won 2 Cups and now I feel like I might be..

No thanks. Ill stick with my faulty Blues. We all want this team to just succeed so greatly that we cant quite grasp the reality that its a flipping longshot no matter what team you put out there on one given night. We could ice the Hawks lineup and still get blown out by EDM. Schitt happens.

I think most agree that there is a chance that this team can get there. They have already gone through some adversity and continue to do so. This team might seem flawed, but this is my pick to win it all.

Last edited:

LGB51

2019 STANLEY CUP CHAMPION ST. LOUIS BLUES!
Oct 9, 2013
Arcola, IL
spw33kx.jpg

Lmao this is actually really funny.

zachws6

Nov 8, 2010
STL
Why is it that I rarely even see a 26 on the ice? What is he doing?
If there is a regular season game I really don't want to lose, it is that one. That game was 50 minutes of crap. They had the energy of Napoleon Dynamite. Besides Steen, he was nonstop.

2 Minute Minor

Hi Keeba!
Jun 3, 2008
Temple, Texas
I was glad to see Backes take a swing at Seabrook. Its better than just pretending nothing happened.

The Blackhawks PK made a big difference tonight.

I hope the notion of playing Berglund at center and Backes at wing will end soon. I believe it's meant to improve Berglunds trade chances (a showcase move). The Lindstrom experiment is a dud, and at least one dangerous winter that can play with Stastny needs to be found. I'm starting to think Armstrong will make a move sooner than later.

I loved Ott's game tonight. Frankly, I'd prefer him up on the third line over Lindstrom at this time.

I miss Bouwmeester.

Backes to the wall

Oct 20, 2014
West Coast Canada
I was glad to see Backes take a swing at Seabrook. Its better than just pretending nothing happened.

The Blackhawks PK made a big difference tonight.

I hope the notion of playing Berglund at center and Backes at wing will end soon. I believe it's meant to improve Berglunds trade chances (a showcase move). The Lindstrom experiment is a dud, and at least one dangerous winter that can play with Stastny needs to be found. I'm starting to think Armstrong will make a move sooner than later.

I loved Ott's game tonight. Frankly, I'd prefer him up on the third line over Lindstrom at this time.

I miss Bouwmeester.

- I hated the swing he took with a passion. It was like a validation for all the morons around the league who continue to call him a goon.
We know better, but if he does another bone head move like that they win..

- Sure hope you are right on both counts. We need Backes at C and Berglund on another team.

- Ott was/has been very good the last few games, still prefer him on 4th line, and hoping Armstrong makes a move to get a winger or 2 to avoid Lindstrom playing.

- Who doesn't.

LGB51

2019 STANLEY CUP CHAMPION ST. LOUIS BLUES!
Oct 9, 2013
Arcola, IL
Well at least Dater was fired, I just found out about it so that makes me a little happier.

Blues88

Apr 27, 2009
St. Louis
So no one knows for sure if there is a reason (a coherent one) as to why Schwartz has been removed from the STL line?

EastonBlues22

Nov 25, 2003
RIP Fugu ϶(°o°)ϵ
So no one knows for sure if there is a reason (a coherent one) as to why Schwartz has been removed from the STL line?
It's probably as simple as Hitchcock not liking the line matchups he anticipated from Quenneville if he kept the line intact. On home ice when he has last change, he might not have changed the lines at all.

BladesofSTEELwFIRE

Feb 15, 2010
I rarely say anything bad about this team, but this is one time where I have to call it like it is. Jackman is awful. Why he's still on this team boggles the mind.

I know! I thought Jackman would've been gone years but he's the longest tenured athlete in ALL of St.Louis sports!

ledzeppelinfan1

Feb 26, 2010
Just one loss guys...on the road...to the Hawks...again. Pretty deflating way to lose after coming out strong to start. We are now averaging less than two and a half goals per game. Man where would we be without the STL line...which has been broken up. Think about how stupid that is for a moment.

BlueMagic

Oct 19, 2014
I had a feeling I knew this would be the outcome after they didn't score on any of the power plays in the 1st.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad