Half-Assed GDT: STL CAR

Em etah Eh

Maroon PP
Jul 17, 2007
Can we please trade Binner to a more competitive team so we can watch him troll other fanbases on a competitor? Even then if Hofer is legit we can’t have these goalies polishing this turd of a team and f***ing up our draft spot. Oh Jake Allen, my shakey snake, wherefore art though Romeo?

Reactions: Fez Whatley

Spektre

Apr 10, 2010
Krynn
Can we please trade Binner to a more competitive team so we can watch him troll other fanbases on a competitor? Even then if Hofer is legit we can’t have these goalies polishing this turd of a team and f***ing up our draft spot. Oh Jake Allen, my shakey snake, wherefore art though Romeo?

I said before I would make Binnington available in the offseason. I think Binnington is great but I’m for the rebuild. Wonder what the Devils would give up for him

i aint Dunn yet

Apr 13, 2015
lol

Ted Hoffman

The other Rick Zombo
Dec 15, 2002
I never thought I'd see the day we were asking for Shakey Jake to return, but here we are.

• Haha
Reactions: i aint Dunn yet

kimzey59

Aug 16, 2003
Army deserve IT.

Hopefully this will force front office fire Army.
1712976152222.png

Reactions: Ted Hoffman

Xerloris

reckless optimism
Jun 9, 2015
St.Louis
sad to listen to JK make excuses for this team. just call out Krug, Kyrou, Buch and Faulk. Those are the reasons this team is not making the playoffs.

The only one of those players that for at least part of the season and arguably the most important part that looked to be going through the motions with no intent to give a shit was Buch. Kyrou can be frustrating but he's improved his game tremendously and he's far from a problem for the franchise as you like to put it.

Xerloris

reckless optimism
Jun 9, 2015
St.Louis
I said before I would make Binnington available in the offseason. I think Binnington is great but I’m for the rebuild. Wonder what the Devils would give up for him

ya, let's not. Binnington is still going to be good for another 6 years and if he slows down he can play back up to Hofer, a spectacular tandem is absolutely needed to compete. Just look at the kids we caled up, Kessel is doing great, Dean looks good and I'm sure he's gonna earn a permanent spot next year and Bolduc absolutely should be here for good. That's not even counting Dvorsky and Snuggy. We're gonna be competing again before you know it and if you make a goaltending hole it's just going to set us back more years. We're at the part of the rebuild where it's going to take a trade or 2 and waiting for the prospects. Meanwhile we're going to keep trying to win or else you'll have player not wanting to come here.

Reactions: shpongle falls

GoldenSeal

Believe In The Note
Dec 1, 2013
Out West
If Minny stages a comeback and wins, I'll have a damn heart attack lol.

Team did about as well as I said at the start of the season: good enough not to draft top 10, bad enough not to make the playoffs. Even with that, there are some silver linings in the season; the kids are coming and they look promising af.

If we somehow do fire Army (ha!), I nominate Blues Legend Steve Ott to take the reins. You could at least say when we win a game that we licked them, lol.

Reactions: Ranksu

Spektre

Apr 10, 2010
Krynn
ya, let's not. Binnington is still going to be good for another 6 years and if he slows down he can play back up to Hofer, a spectacular tandem is absolutely needed to compete. Just look at the kids we caled up, Kessel is doing great, Dean looks good and I'm sure he's gonna earn a permanent spot next year and Bolduc absolutely should be here for good. That's not even counting Dvorsky and Snuggy. We're gonna be competing again before you know it and if you make a goaltending hole it's just going to set us back more years. We're at the part of the rebuild where it's going to take a trade or 2 and waiting for the prospects. Meanwhile we're going to keep trying to win or else you'll have player not wanting to come here.

6 more years is stretching it too far probably

Reactions: Ranksu

Fez Whatley

Jun 7, 2015
Part of me really wants to see him in Edmonton for a dynasty.

Reactions: Em etah Eh

BadgersandBlues

Jun 6, 2011
I hope Enterprise is cheering on Sunday - we didn't make the playoffs, but we didn't quit on the season when we could have. Happens, now hopefully DA can pull some rabbits out and get us a D that's not completely abysmal.

Also - I think Amazon or someone dropped fat stacks on Ballys so they are going to continue to hold the rights until further notice.

Em etah Eh

Maroon PP
Jul 17, 2007
I’m going on Sunday. Not sure how to feel. I’ve been drinking so everybody give me your ideas for a sign.

NMC - “Not Much Care” right now.

Ted Hoffman

The other Rick Zombo
Dec 15, 2002
Part of me really wants to see him in Edmonton for a dynasty.
I think if we're selling Binnington, we might as well sell off anyone else in that 29+ range with value while they still have value. Yes, including Parayko, who when we come out of a refocus into a resurge will probably be at least 33, maybe 34. [He's 31 in May.]

But, if we're doing that, we're no longer in a refocus or a retooling. It's definitely a rebuild - but, we're not doing a rebuild, so we're not doing any of that other stuff.

I’m going on Sunday. Not sure how to feel. I’ve been drinking so everybody give me your ideas for a sign.

NMC - “Not Much Care” right now.
Something with 16, Brett Hull and the draft - but the idea I have is a little long.

shpongle falls

Ass Möde
Oct 1, 2014
The Night Train
Only watched the highlights but man it looks like Boldy and Thomas have some chemistry brewing, Bolduc compliments that line well with his size, speed, and shot. He’s not too shabby defensively either and has good hockey iq as far as i can tell.

Next season I’d like to see a Bolduc-Thomas-Neighbors line. Its the classic playmaker-sniper-power forward setup LETS GO.

2018-19 Cup Champs!
Mar 22, 2012
I think it's fair to pencil Bolduc into the lineup next year. I was way off about him. He's much better than I thought based on prospect camp and preseason games. Much more competitive and engaged in games that actually matter. One timer could be a real threat on the PP.

Reactions: Blueston

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad