Prospect Info: Stiven Sardarian, F (88th overall, 2021) - Youngstown (USHL)

m0pe

Feb 24, 2020
I have seen, or at least heard of, hundreds of these prospects.

Never heard this guys name once this year...fun.

Reactions: Eich Jackel

Ehran

Sponsor
Feb 2, 2019
Texas
2021 Draft Rankings: Final 97-128 (May)

An underrated prospect who started to gain notoriety after Central Scouting added him to their updated Watch List, Sardaryan (pictured) is a strong-skating wing who plays like a pass-first center; mostly because of his clean zone entries that allow him to exploit the tiniest of gaps in opposing coverage. He’s shown impressive vision and pass accuracy over long distances regardless of how much pressure he’s under. Although Krasnaya Armiya was a deep, talented squad, it was Sardaryan who consistently drew attention for his creativity and puck control.

Reactions: JLewyB

Realgud

Jersey ads are a disgrace
Nov 4, 2013
realguddraftsimulator.com
Not a Sabres fan, but just want to say that this guy is a real boom/bust prospect. He was my favorite prospect to follow.

He got benched often, had trouble with not giving up on plays and as a result, didn't play as much as Poltapov (on the same team), especially on the PP where he was just rarely on it (coach was probably tough on him). Despite all of that, he had really good production, so if he matures, watch the **** out, that guy is super talented.

He has elite transition ability, hands and creativity, but really needs to mature and get stronger.

My favorite prospect in the draft, I hope he matures and plays in the NHL.

p0nchik

Jul 24, 2021
Big year for Saint Petersburg. Love it. Not sure about this kid, seems like a bit of reach.

NewHampshire

Mar 25, 2015
THE UNH MEN'S HOCKEY BLOG: UNH Commit Stiven Sardaryan: An Outstanding Playmaker

"Sardaryan is a very creative wing and he can also play center. You gotta watch this kid play. He's a strong, powerful, low center of gravity...He's an outstanding playmaker. He's a pass-first kind of wing. I love pass-first wings because you know if they had to finish, they would. I love those play making wings. They're on the puck and look like a center and skate like a center. They also contribute on the defensive end, positioning themselves properly, stick on the ice, swinging back and forth trying to take away the passing lanes. This kid does it all."Steve Kournianos, The Draft Analyst, December, 2020

Buffaloed

webmaster
Feb 27, 2002
Niagara Falls
Don't the Sabres realize that this kid is a UNH commit so he probably speaks English well? I thought the idea of picking Russians was so the media wouldn't be understand what they were saying. :sarcasm:

Reactions: Jim Bob

TF1970

May 9, 2021
if he came to NA & USHL this coming season bc he felt it was the quickest path to the NHL (that's a thing, right?), wonder if he ends up going to the CHL for 2022-23, then to Rochester the year after rather than NCAA - assuming everything goes as planned?

MarkusKetterer

Shoulda got one game in
I imagine he’s wanting to play in the NHL, and is wanting to learn North American ice while there is less pressure. In the CHL, teams are only allowed two imports per team. So there may not even be a spot for him on any team, plus he may not wanna do that as a 19 or 20 year old (because then he’d only play for one year).

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad