WWE: Sting to announce retirement at Hall of Fame Induction

Morozov

The Devil Killer
Sep 18, 2007
Unfortunate that he lost that status of being the greatest to never work in WWE for a run that was pretty lame for many reasons. Some of which were oh so predictable. The "what if" of Sting going to WWE was better than it actually happening.

Now we'll have so many kids who will be left thinking who was that weird face paint guy who showed up briefly, he sucked.

I hope he stacked a lot of money out of it at least.

S A W F T*

Well Sting just went on record saying he's not officially retired soooo.

There's always the fale last hope that he's the one that helps Shane at WM, I guess.

Wasn't his retirement announcement supposed to come at HOF? If that's the case... he sure isn't "officially retired".

Who knows though? He might have trained really hard with Crossfit Jesus and regrew a new neck.

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
Sting's been pretty outspoken lately on how much he wants that dream match with Taker.

Considering the injury the only proper choice for the Stinger is retirement, but sucks since he wanted that dream match as much as a lot of people it seems.

MadDevil

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 10, 2007
Bismarck, ND
It would have been a dream match 10 years ago, but at this point I'm almost kind of glad we won't see old man Sting vs old man Taker.

DD03

3D
Mar 15, 2010
It bugs me that his first Mania had to be against HHH.

It should've been him vs. Taker...

A) it saves you from wasting Bray's Mania
B) You get the dream match.

The part that also bugged me is that Sting was the one that was against the NWO the most, yet the NWO came out during Mania? It just didn't make sense.

IDC about the WCW v WWE garbage. WWE ruined that with the Invasion.

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
It would have been a dream match 10 years ago, but at this point I'm almost kind of glad we won't see old man Sting vs old man Taker.

I was against it once Sting finally signed because I saw enough of TNA Sting that I figured he had absolutely nothing left. The HHH Mania match didn't help and Taker's match with Bray was his 2nd meh match in a row.

Sad part is Sting worked a solid match with Seth before it all went to ****, and Taker had two solid matches with Brock so maybe they could of done it justice?

Paris in Flames

Feb 4, 2009
I was against it once Sting finally signed because I saw enough of TNA Sting that I figured he had absolutely nothing left. The HHH Mania match didn't help and Taker's match with Bray was his 2nd meh match in a row.

Sad part is Sting worked a solid match with Seth before it all went to ****, and Taker had two solid matches with Brock so maybe they could of done it justice?

I dunno. I think Rollins could get a good match out of me and Brock/Taker's just turned into brawling which I think hides any in ring flaws.

Sting/Taker would be a nightmare as they couldn't hide behind anything, imo.

Megahab

Apr 30, 2009
Toronto
I was okay with Sting vs. HHH last year instead of Sting vs. Taker because I didn't want want Sting's first WWE match to be a loss. But then he lost to HHH anyway for some reason and it was all a waste.

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
I dunno. I think Rollins could get a good match out of me and Brock/Taker's just turned into brawling which I think hides any in ring flaws.

Sting/Taker would be a nightmare as they couldn't hide behind anything, imo.

Smart booking I think enough could be done.

It should of happened years ago when Taker was stealing every Mania.

Kind of sad that Sting seems to really have wanted it and now can't have it due to age and injury.

Paris in Flames

Feb 4, 2009
Smart booking I think enough could be done.

It should of happened years ago when Taker was stealing every Mania.

Kind of sad that Sting seems to really have wanted it and now can't have it due to age and injury.

Ehhhh. Sting could've come to WWE 10 years ago but decided not to.

As a wrestling fan it sucks but I'm not gonna feel bad for Sting not getting his dream match. That's on him.

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
Sting reportedly did an interview in Dallas today where he said if he has his way, he's not retiring until he faces The Undertaker.

Pinkfloyd

Oct 29, 2006
Folsom
Sting reportedly did an interview in Dallas today where he said if he has his way, he's not retiring until he faces The Undertaker.

Sting interfering in the Shane/Taker match makes a lot of sense but I don't see it happening.

Voight

#winning
Feb 8, 2012
Mulberry Street
I will always have respect for him given how he resisted joining WWE until the very end. He could have made sooooooo much money working for them but chose to go with the upstart TNA instead.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad