WWE: Sting to announce retirement at Hall of Fame Induction

Loosie

The Eternal Optimist
Jun 14, 2011
Kitchener, Ontario
Not surprised really given what the reports coming out his match with Seth were. It does suck that we never got that rumored Sting/Taker WreslteMania match though.

swflyers93

Nov 19, 2007
Norristown, PA
It sucks that they wasted him in a match with HHH at last year's mania. It should have been Sting vs. Taker. He is my favorite wrestler of all time. I grew up watching the NWA and then WCW. Thank you Sting.

KesselBuiltMyHotrod

Aug 2, 2005
MA
It's too bad Vince couldn't let his animosity toward WCW go and give Sting at least one win in WWE.

He won twice!

WWE Monday Night Raw, Sep 14th 2015
Sting Def. (DQ) The Big Show

WWE Monday Night Raw, Sep 14th 2015
John Cena & Sting Def. (Sub) Seth Rollins & The Big Show

Pinkfloyd

Oct 29, 2006
Folsom
I'm more surprised people think he is still going to wrestle again or this is a work.

Stinger had an amazing career but said how piss poor his short WWE run was.

Nobody would've cared how short the run was if they had Trips do the favors at Mania but it was Vince's call.

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
Nobody would've cared how short the run was if they had Trips do the favors at Mania but it was Vince's call.

Of course, but I think its still a legit thing to be upset about.

I mean his TNA run isn't full of much to be proud of either, but the man is a legend and deserved better then losing in that gimmick overbooked match.

barkovcanfinnish

remember to breathe
Sep 22, 2014
Chicago, IL
I wish his time in WWE wasn't so....unfortunate. Taker vs Sting was always a dream match and it should've happened last year at Wrestlemania.

Nevertheless, what a career.

iamjs

Oct 1, 2008
Sting may have retired, but what about Stong?

wwTSmVT.jpg

LeafsNation75

Jan 15, 2010
Toronto, Ontario
I wish his time in WWE wasn't so....unfortunate. Taker vs Sting was always a dream match and it should've happened last year at Wrestlemania.

Nevertheless, what a career.
If it was Sting vs Undertaker at last years WrestleMania who ends up winning? Would Vince want the Undertaker to possibly lose at it for the second straight year?

MadDevil

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 10, 2007
Bismarck, ND
Honestly, Sting losing to HHH at Mania wouldn't have bothered me so much if it wasn't for the Monday Night War crap they just had to throw in there.

Pinkfloyd

Oct 29, 2006
Folsom
If it was Sting vs Undertaker at last years WrestleMania who ends up winning? Would Vince want the Undertaker to possibly lose at it for the second straight year?

I would've been okay with Sting losing to Taker just for the simple fact that the story wouldn't have been built around the Authority, the whole WWF/WCW stuff, and it probably would've been a pretty clean match. May not have been of great quality but at least all the fluff around it would've been wiped away.

ColePens

RIP Fugu Buffaloed & parabola
Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh
I think Sting was right in not coming to the WWE. I mean... 15 years after the Monday Night Wars, Vince still has him work a match with HHH where DX and NWO come out. :laugh:

But ultimately it was such a cool moment to see him show up, even though it was 10 years too late.

Pinkfloyd

Oct 29, 2006
Folsom
I think Sting was right in not coming to the WWE. I mean... 15 years after the Monday Night Wars, Vince still has him work a match with HHH where DX and NWO come out. :laugh:

But ultimately it was such a cool moment to see him show up, even though it was 10 years too late.

I don't think he was right ultimately. It would certainly be likely that he'd treat him like crap at some point but Sting's good enough that Vince would've given him opportunities. It's not as if Goldberg, someone not as good nor as popular, didn't get opportunities.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad