Sting Relieve Jacques Beaulieu Of Duties

Whalers Fan

Go Habs!
Sep 24, 2012
Plymouth, MI
sounds like the summer incident may have been the last straw.

Considering the team's official statement, I think that is a good guess.

“Effective immediately the ownership group of the Sarnia Sting has relieved Jacques Beaulieu of his duties as General Manager and Head Coach. The reasons for his dismissal are not related to the on ice performance of our hockey club. As per the advice of our lawyers we cannot comment any further at this time.â€

NHL Fanatic

Oct 4, 2010
GTA
Bad PR for the club, unfortunate result but the reality is that its a business. You could kind of see this coming. Hopefully Jacques can land on his feet.

yideboit

Aug 5, 2010
i see it all over twitter to. also found it here. http://blackburnnews.com/sarnia/sarnia-news/2013/05/30/beaulieu-dismissed/ wonder who is going to take over? trevor? maybe as coach but not gm. sounds like the summer incedent may have been the last straw.

Considering the team's official statement, I think that is a good guess.

“Effective immediately the ownership group of the Sarnia Sting has relieved Jacques Beaulieu of his duties as General Manager and Head Coach. The reasons for his dismissal are not related to the on ice performance of our hockey club. As per the advice of our lawyers we cannot comment any further at this time.â€

if you read further it says that had nothing to do with it ... while i'm not privy to specifics and have my suspicions i also think that firing someone for that reason alone is illegal is it not?

When asked if the firing had anything to do with Beaulieu's arrest, Ciccarelli answered, “No,†and reiterated it also was not because of his on-ice performance but declined to comment further on his reasons for dismissing the coach.

i'm rather curious though for sure!

aresknights

Dec 27, 2009
london
I don't think the assault charge would help his cause, but from what I heard it wasn't the catalyst, nor was on ice job performance.

CharlieGirl

Thank you Mr. Snider
Jun 24, 2003
Kitchener, ON
Visit site
Please take Fixter off Kitchener's hands...

Pretty please!

Seconded! Thirded! Fourth'd!! Fifth'd!! Whatever it takes... please make him go away.

The reasons for the firing are all a bit murky. Not on ice performance; not related to the charges; but valid reasons nonetheless.

Beaulieu is a good coach, and replacing him won't be an easy job for the Sting. It would be nice to see some stability in the coaching ranks and some ensuing success for the team.

Ward Cornell

Dec 22, 2007
Seconded! Thirded! Fourth'd!! Fifth'd!! Whatever it takes... please make him go away.

The reasons for the firing are all a bit murky. Not on ice performance; not related to the charges; but valid reasons nonetheless.

Beaulieu is a good coach, and replacing him won't be an easy job for the Sting. It would be nice to see some stability in the coaching ranks and some ensuing success for the team.

Let's see where the Benjamin Button of coaches ends up next.....Elmira Industrial League?

From NHL to AHL to Central Hockey League to the OHL....what's next???

UsernameWasTaken

Let's Go Hawks!
Feb 11, 2012
Toronto
the situation is very odd.

http://www.lfpress.com/2013/05/30/f...ing-and-general-manager-duties-with-the-sting

“Effective immediately, the ownership group of the Sarnia Sting has relieved Jacques Beaulieu of his duties as general manager and head coach," Sting co-owner Rob Ciccarelli said on behalf of the ownership group in a statement released Thursday.

"The reasons for his dismissal are not related to the on ice performance of our hockey club. As per the advice of our lawyers we cannot comment any further at this time.”

When reached, Ciccarelli would only add, “The only comment I'm going to make is that I'm extremely angry, and I'm not going to make any further comment.”

“This was not something that's been planned. It kind of just happened,” Ciccarelli said, adding that team president Larry Ciccarelli has been out of the country on business.

Over on NOOF, someone posted this

by knightkeeper » Thu May 30, 2013 9:49 pm

Just talked to a few coaching friends from the sarnia area who told me with not much details that when we hear the reason Jacko was fired it will be the next biggest topic in the CHL. Also one friend told me watch for a release from the CHL/Branch in the coming weeks. Take that for what you paid for it..

who knows if that's true. but if it is, maybe it has something to do with recruiting violations or something?

EasternOntario Fan

Mar 21, 2012
the situation is very odd.

http://www.lfpress.com/2013/05/30/f...ing-and-general-manager-duties-with-the-sting

Over on NOOF, someone posted this

who knows if that's true. but if it is, maybe it has something to do with recruiting violations or something?

I had heard something that apparantly came from someone very close to the team, I heard it third hand so cannot say whether it is completely accurate or made up rumour. What I heard is that it may have something to do with mis-using team money. But if someone is saying that Branch may be involved, then I presume what I heard is not true, as that would be a Sting issue, not a league issue. Either way I am sure the truth will come out eventually.

GBFP

Sep 24, 2009
^Unless the misusing of team money was Jocko paying players more than their weekly allowance or something.

But if he was just banking money himself or something that would just be a team issue.

Ward Cornell

Dec 22, 2007
But if he was just banking money himself or something that would just be a team issue.

From a cpl very good sources it's the later for personal use!
What I don't know for sure if the Sting and Beaulieu have an secret agreement that if he repays the money no charges will be laid and nothing of the incident(s?) will be divulged!

EasternOntario Fan

Mar 21, 2012
From a cpl very good sources it's the later for personal use!
What I don't know for sure if the Sting and Beaulieu have an secret agreement that if he repays the money no charges will be laid and nothing of the incident(s?) will be divulged!

If you have heard this also----maybe it is what I posted. So it is quite possible we will never hear the complete truth, if the Sting doesn't want to release it.

UsernameWasTaken

Let's Go Hawks!
Feb 11, 2012
Toronto
it's impossible to know how to express info re this sort of thing w/o getting into trouble. i'll just say that i heard rumours (all of which might be completely false) re money re travel expenses. but who knows ... some people think unicorns are real - and this might be of the same nature.

as an aside...i'd heard complaints re coaching a while back - but that had to do w/ galchenyuk's dad being behind the bench...and now AG is gone (and his dad presumably won't coach there again) i can't imagine that has anything to do w/ anything.

massey

Sep 5, 2012
it's impossible to know how to express info re this sort of thing w/o getting into trouble. i'll just say that i heard rumours (all of which might be completely false) re money re travel expenses. but who knows ... some people think unicorns are real - and this might be of the same nature.

as an aside...i'd heard complaints re coaching a while back - but that had to do w/ galchenyuk's dad being behind the bench...and now AG is gone (and his dad presumably won't coach there again) i can't imagine that has anything to do w/ anything.

Alex Sr will be back if they can come to terms.He wants to come back for sure.Something strange going on here as this was suppose to be in place by now.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad