Still possble for flyers to get Weberi

Status
Not open for further replies.

phillyflyer2112*

Gents,

What say you about the flyers present chances to land Weber this offseason?!

I think it might still happen and that we'll work out a trade.:help:

thecloser

Jun 29, 2012
NASHVILLE, TN
this is just assanine for you to post this. there is no possible way after committing long term that we are gonna let weber go and leave our blue line with josi, blum, ellis, gill and some ahl players from this year.

ridiculous proposal, its not gonna happen. give up....

Nashvols

Jun 8, 2011
Nashville
Oh, and after that effing offer sheet that Philly floated out there, I doubt very much that Poile is going to be very eager to do any sort of business with Philly.

Legionnaire11

Jul 12, 2007
Murfreesboro
atlantichockeyleague.com
There should be a sticky "Weber Is Not Coming To Your Team" thread for all visitors.

From July 2012-July 2013, Weber is going to bank over $24M from the Predators. There is no way that they will invest that much actual cash into one player to then turn around and trade him.

Then in the later years of the contract when he's making peanuts in actual cash, they still won't trade him because he should still be talented enough at that point that his contract will be such a bargain.

Soundgarden

Jul 22, 2008
Spring Hill, TN
I'd do couturier + B Schenn +MAYBE a pick

Any trade for Weber HAS to involve a defender that can stay on the ice for 20-25 minutes and not look like a complete moron out there. Without that we don't even want to talk. And considering the offersheet you guys threw at us the pick is pretty much a given too, you probably mean MAYBE a 2nd 1st rounder.

NoNecksCurse

Oct 19, 2011
couturier + coburn + l. schenn + b. schenn + voracek + 2013 1st round pick + 2014 1st round pick + 2014 2nd round pick for shea weber + 2013 5th round pick

thecloser

Jun 29, 2012
NASHVILLE, TN
couturier + coburn + l. schenn + b. schenn + voracek + 2013 1st round pick + 2014 1st round pick + 2014 2nd round pick for shea weber + 2013 5th round pick

haha seriously, this trade is about right. maybe even take coburn out and add meszjaros and maybe we're close to the right trade. its gonna require like an entire line and a d pairing. still, not gonna happen, get outta here.

phillyflyer2112*

I'd think about trading you giroux for weber. I think THAT's an even deal. Yeah we both have holes in our lineup from it but the VALUE is there:yo::yo::yo::handclap::handclap::handclap::handclap::handclap:

101st_fan

I taught Yoda
Oct 22, 2005
Near where sand and waves meet.
He cannot be traded for a full year after we matched. At that point, we will have already paid him $27mil for one half season of play.

Not gonna happen unless the Flyers keep the maximum amount of salary allowed by the CBA and give us Giroux, Hartnell, Schenn, and Read at a minimum.

Nashvols

Jun 8, 2011
Nashville
I'd think about trading you giroux for weber. I think THAT's an even deal. Yeah we both have holes in our lineup from it but the VALUE is there:yo::yo::yo::handclap::handclap::handclap::handclap::handclap:

Again, Giroux + plenty of cash to offset that ridiculously stupid amount of cash you forced us to spend on a front loaded contract.

Anything involving Weber, because of the contract structure, is going to have to include a serious amount of compensation, either in the form of overpaid talent or actual cash.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad