Sticks from a USA dealer shipped to Canada-INFO

GLG

Jan 10, 2011
Toronto, ON
Anyone from Canada, or Toronto specifically purchase stuff from a USA dealer (eg: Perani's) and got it shipped - looking for some info as follows:

1. how long did it take for you to receive the item(s)
2 a. did you have to pay duty on the item(s) - i was told that if the stuff is made in North America you have a better chance of not paying duty
b. if you had to pay duty, what's the procedure?

Thanks in advance,
GLG

RJC

Oct 15, 2007
Vancouver, BC
Anyone from Canada, or Toronto specifically purchase stuff from a USA dealer (eg: Perani's) and got it shipped - looking for some info as follows:

2 a. did you have to pay duty on the item(s) - i was told that if the stuff is made in North America you have a better chance of not paying duty

Thanks in advance,
GLG

You're probably going to pay duty depending on the amount they declared the items worth. I got a stick from ebay and it was like 125$ I paid no duty. But when I got a set of golf clubs in roughly valued at 600$ I had to pay like 60$ in duty.

This also depends on who they use to ship the product, if its UPS your going to pay brokerage fees ontop of the regular duty and its huge bucks. If they ship with USPS, Canada Post takes over once the product enters Canada and they will collect the duty when the item is delivered.

Joe Cole

Jun 17, 2003
Montreal
Visit site
My goaltender an I spoke about this on Sunday. He said from Hockeymonkey, ship it air and they clear the package faster and duty is rarely charged, This way, it costs more for shipping but you get it faster and there will probably be no duty.

Call the dealer and speak to them before ordering

Lehner

Jul 2, 2009
Ottawa

Thanks in advance,
GLG

Im from Ottawa, I purchased 2 sticks from hockeymonkey.com.

1. Took about 2 weeks to receive the items.
2. I did have to pay duty, they shipped with UPS, cost about 45$.

I used one of my sticks for about two weeks, and it broke..so I tried to use the warranty with hockeymonkey but they told me I had to speak too Warrior directly. I did that and warrior was very good with including the shipping time to the warranty time and they shipped me a new stick...again had to pay duty but at least they didnt give me a hassle or anything.

Saved me a lot of money in the end, I'd do this again.

GLG

Jan 10, 2011
Toronto, ON
They use USPS to Canada, then Canada Post takes over & I should receive the sticks in 7-10 days. From what Canada Customs told me, because the sticks are made in the USA I will only have to pay the tax (13%) once the sticks are delivered.

My guess is I'll have a card in my mailbox sending me a pick up spot where I pay the tax and pick up the sticks.

Thanks for the info fellas - GLG

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad