Stick extension problems

Rookie109

Mar 31, 2014
Winnipeg, MB, Canada
Basics: I almost always have problems with wooden stick extensions, the pathetic amount of glue that comes with them never holds. Any suggestions what type of adhesive to make it stay put for good? Crazy glue, gorilla glue etc? This is a wooden extension inside a composite stick; they always take several attempts and costs me lots of white tape to redo it many times.

Cheers,

puckpilot

Oct 23, 2016
You can put strips of hockey tape along the sides of the extension to make it fit snugger. In regards to glue, you can use the hot glue gun glue sticks. I'm not 100% sure it's the same as what comes on the extensions, but when I use it, it works the same and reacts the same to heat. So, in practice it's close enough.

Reactions: Filthy Dangles

Filthy Dangles

Registered User*
Oct 23, 2014
Are you using a heat gun or something like a blow dryer or stove-top to install the extension? I'd make sure you are using a heat gun and making sure you are adequately and evenly heating the stick and glue.

As the poster above said, you could also wrap the plug part of the extension with a strip of tape (along the diameter of the rectangle) prior to insertion, to give some extra friction and fit. I've had to do that a few times installing a blade onto a shaft to make it hold.

Rookie109

Mar 31, 2014
Winnipeg, MB, Canada
Figured it out I hope, I used white Gorilla Glue which is far better than a heat gun / glue sticks. I suppose I'll find out at my next game

Attachments

• 20201002_184411_HDR.jpg
    20201002_184411_HDR.jpg
    64.8 KB · Views: 12
Reactions: Filthy Dangles

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad