Proposal: STH Meeting || Propose Questions Here (additional jersey info in post #494)

whitstifier

Honor Black Excellence in Hockey
Mar 19, 2013
Date: 5 March 2018

Overview:

This forum connects a lot of Flyers fans. Many have great input, but lack access to exclusive STH events.​

The idea here is to give STHs some recommendations for questions that many passionate Flyers want addressed.​

Suggestions:
  • Keep all comments and questions to 1 post.
  • Be brief.
  • Be respectful.
  • Avoid emotional appeals.
  • Avoid yes/no or leading questions.
Updates:

Last edited:
Reactions: PAZUZU

Appleyard

Mar 5, 2010
Copenhagen
twitter.com
207 NHL forwards have played 300+ TOI on the PP since Jori Lehtera entered the NHL.

Yet Lehtera has the worst G/60 of any forward in the NHL on the Power-play since he entered the league, at 0.41/60.

His 7.3 shot attempts/60 in that time are 3rd worst in the NHL too.

That is a worse rate of scoring than every single current Flyers forward apart from Taylor Leier at EV over that time.

And every single current Flyers forward apart from Filppula has more shot attempts/60 in that time than Lehtera does in his PP minutes.

Is he the best option for the PP2 net-front role?

Delete99991

May 9, 2013
Dave, do you think your team plays an exciting brand of hockey? Do you think you're one of the most exciting teams in the league today?

PAZUZU

Jan 25, 2012
Philly 'burbs
Saw on twitter someone said they got emails throughout the year last year reminding them of the event but that hasn’t been the case this year. Any STH confirm that?

Correct, I have not seen an email or date yet for this. Looking forward to seeing some of the questions, I'm sure they'll be better than what I'd come up with.

Reactions: whitstifier

Sawdalite

SelectLouNolan4PFHoF
Apr 5, 2009
Frost-Bite Fails Minnesota
FWIW... From someone who attends the Town Hall Meetings:

Please keep in mind that there are multiple session hosts and they have evolved over the years... some have multiple hosts... In providing questions, it would be a good idea to have them created for a particular person and to state that person on here when providing the suggested question.

Also keep in mind that long set-up questions... no matter how well and deeply based... are difficult to transmit, and that it is not a debate... and leading questions are not what they want. They want questions that allow them to respond with information that they can provide in detail... to inform... contentious questions usually aren't posed at the Meetings, for better or for worse.

Figure out what you want to learn and ask as clearly as possible... and expect them to answer more slanted towards the portion of the question that they want to, and skim over what they feel not as important -- I hope I stated that properly and got what I intended to say across clearly.

Asking questions there... opposed to here... is really not as easy as one would expect.

With that said... I must admit that I did personally get contentious with Luukko over that price reconfiguration where my seats rose a ridiculously amount when they changed to Location Based Pricing... and I was not alone in the heated give and take. Haha

Usually the sessions consist of the GM, The Coach, Scouting (Chris Pryor in the past), Executive/Operations (Homer/Tilger??)... and last Meeting, for the first time, they had Broadcasters (Coates/Saunders) in a light hearted session.

... I hope my information and suggestions help with creating questions that can be asked.

Curufinwe

Feb 28, 2013
I need some recommendations because Hextall has dealt with the Sanheim issue by sending him down and I don't know what to ask Hakstol without sounding like an ass lol

What plans do you have for improving the penalty kill which is currently ranked 29th?

What plans do you have for improving the second power play unit which has conceded as many goals as it has scored this season?*

*I think that's right, but best check with Appleyard to be sure.

Hurricane28

Angry Flyers STH/Weather Guy
Aug 22, 2012
South Jersey
What plans do you have for improving the penalty kill which is currently ranked 29th?

What plans do you have for improving the second power play unit which has conceded as many goals as it has scored this season?*

*I think that's right, but best check with Appleyard to be sure.

See I feel like he would just dodge the question and say "That's up to Knoblauch and Lappy"

Lord Defect

Secretary of Blowtorching
Nov 13, 2013
Good afternoon Mr. Hakstol, I would love to see a more dynamic and exciting third line that what we currently have. Is there any possibility of bringing back Vandevelde and Bellemare and running
VDV - Bell - Ghoul?

MacDonald4MVP

May 7, 2016
I really am not that interested in what hakstol and hextall have to say. Not a huge fan of former one and latter just obfuscates whenever asked a question. However it would be nice to see if they tip their hand one way or another with filps and simmers resigning. Chris Prior on the other hand is someone I bet most will want to hear from.
Also will Lappy come?

Last edited:

Hurricane28

Angry Flyers STH/Weather Guy
Aug 22, 2012
South Jersey
No they don't usually have assistant coaches

Last year and someone can correct me if I am wrong:

Hakstol
Hextall
Shawn Tilger (STH guy) replaced by Holmgren
Coatesy and Saunders (or JJ)
I feel like I am missing a 5

PAZUZU

Jan 25, 2012
Philly 'burbs
207 NHL forwards have played 300+ TOI on the PP since Jori Lehtera entered the NHL.

Yet Lehtera has the worst G/60 of any forward in the NHL on the Power-play since he entered the league, at 0.41/60.

His 7.3 shot attempts/60 in that time are 3rd worst in the NHL too.

That is a worse rate of scoring than every single current Flyers forward apart from Taylor Leier at EV over that time.

And every single current Flyers forward apart from Filppula has more shot attempts/60 in that time than Lehtera does in his PP minutes.

Is he the best option for the PP2 net-front role?

Condense that into 2 sentences. I'd drop the Leier bit and the Filppula stuff like....

207 NHL forwards have played 300+ TOI on the PP since Jori Lehtera entered the NHL, yet Lehtera has the worst G/60 of any forward in the NHL on the Power-play since he entered the league, at 0.41/60. Is he the best option for the PP2 net-front role?

Asnito

Blood Rival to a Briere Simp
Mar 2, 2017
If somebody gets the chance ask them about who chooses the PK pairs and ice time. Does Lappy have full control or is it Hak?

IMO G, Couts, Simmods, Raffl and Laughton are all better at the PK than Filp and Lehtera yet it seems like the later are some how PK1??? I don't know the exact stats but for the last 4-6 weeks it seems like every time we give up a goal a man down they're on the ice.

Magua

Entirely Palatable Product
Apr 25, 2016
Huron of the Lakes
Possible questions:

1) How important has Ghoul’s energy been to the team’s winning?

2) Hagg is the rookie leader in hits, blocked shots, and plus/minus. What is his ceiling?

3) How great is it to see a guy like Man Dog achieve his NHL dreams by sheer grit and determination?

They’ll eat that shit up. At least you can snicker while they earnestly answer.

Bonus question: Is Bill Clement’s soul stored at the Comcast Center?

Lindberg

Bennyflyers16 get a life
Oct 5, 2013
Asking them how they are going to improve the PK should be a top tier question. As in the PK for the past couple of years hasn't performed well when is it time to consider a serious decision with players or personnel?

Asking about Sanheim should be a top priority question. Developing young players is important and they need ice time to learn their mistakes so how are the GM and coaches going to handle this in the future?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad