Eltuna

Nov 12, 2017
I would take out the is. Pretty sure Stamkos is currently better

DitchMarner

It's time.
Jul 21, 2017
Brampton, ON
I would take out the is. Pretty sure Stamkos is currently better

What I mean is: Is Stamkos better than Iginla was or was Iginla better when he played than Stamkos is now?

I would have just asked, "who is better," but then someone might have said, "Iginla is in his 40s" or some shit like that.

VinikToWinIt

Number 1 Bull****
Jun 15, 2014
South Florida
What I mean is: Is Stamkos better than Iginla was or was Iginla better when he played than Stamkos is now?

I would have just asked, "who is better," but then someone might have said, "Iginla is in his 40s" or some **** like that.

Who is better right now, 29-year-old Steven Stamkos or retired Jarome Iginla? I wonder...

Yuuuuup.

Reactions: DitchMarner

Jon Bonham

Jun 24, 2019
The second most overrated player of all time vs. the guy who once in a while lived up to his hype...

I'll take Stamkos seven days a week.

Lebowski

El Duderino
Dec 5, 2010
Peak probably Stamkos, prime I might lean towards Iginla.

By the end of Stamkos’ career, I would assume he’ll be considered the better player. With how stacked Tampa is, he probably has a few big seasons left.

Regal

Mar 12, 2010
Vancouver
I tend to think Iginla can be overrated, as he had some up and down years in his prime and his power forward/all around player reputation followed him into the years where he had become much more of a pure shooter, but at the same time Stamkos has had down years of his own (mostly injury related), never brought the all around game of Iginla's peak, and has had far more time with high end linemates in his career.

Regular season prime is actually fairly close, even with Stamkos's age, as he entered his prime much younger, and Stamkos should probably pass him there with a reasonable finish to his career to overcome Iginla's current longevity edge. However, until Stamkos can show he can bring it in the playoffs and not be continuously disappointing, it would be hard to consider him the better player. Iginla had some disappoints as well, but was far above anything Stamkos has done in the finals run in '04

TomasHertlsRooster

Don’t say eye test when you mean points
May 14, 2012
Fremont, CA

I would have just asked, "who is better," but then someone might have said, "Iginla is in his 40s" or some **** like that.

If you’re asking about today’s Stamkos, it’s not even a discussion.

If you’re asking about 60 goal Stamkos, it’s still Iginla but at least there’s a debate there.

Regal

Mar 12, 2010
Vancouver
I don't really see what makes Stamkos have the higher peak other than the fact that 60 goals sounds nice. Iginla had 52 with one less point in a lower scoring season and won the Art Ross while playing a better all around game. The seasons are really close.

Last edited:

HugginThePost

Flames Suck
Sponsor
Dec 28, 2006
Back to the Sweat Box
Iggy....and it's not really even close.

At his peak he was arguably the best player in the league.

Stamkos can't say that.

Plus the dude was just a warrior. That's the kind of player you build a team around. Still pissed off that the Flames never got him a true #1C. Assholes!! I'll be saying the same thing about Gaudreau in 10 years.

I would think a better poll would have included Vinnie Lecavalier.......

Reactions: Foppberg

I Hate Blake Coleman

Bandwagon Burner
Jul 22, 2008
Saskatchewan
They both have/had world class talent.

Iginla had "intangibles" tho. Iginla was a very underrated playmaker. He could set up a play almost as good as he could finish one off. He made every one of his linemates better (except Jokinen who left his talent in Florida)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad