Player Discussion Steven Kampfer

CharasLazyWrister

Sep 8, 2008
Northborough, MA
I really didn’t like his last game with the big club. Just weak on the puck and so many mistakes.

That being said, in his limited ice time since coming back, I think he’s been pretty good. At least for a fringe NHL dman. Happy to see him cleared.

yazmybaby

Sep 13, 2015
Brampton ON, Canada
So now we have 7 dee in Providence and 7 in Boston. When Miller returns, we need to make another move.
Hopefully DS has a nice surprise for us with a trade????
I do not think we have won a game since Moore came back and we sat Cliffy?

Saxon Eric

Dec 18, 2005
So now we have 7 dee in Providence and 7 in Boston. When Miller returns, we need to make another move.
Hopefully DS has a nice surprise for us with a trade????
I do not think we have won a game since Moore came back and we sat Cliffy?
8 D in Providence
I think Miller isn't coming back

Kegs

Nov 10, 2010
Send Clifton down prior to hitting 60 was the move
However if Kampfer clears,they're still in good shape

My issue with this is Clifton is better. Nothing against kampfer. But Clifton is actually quiet good. Very Mobile. I really can’t see why they would send a guy down to make the team a little worse just to save the extra d that probably clears waivers down. Just doesn’t make sense to me to be honest

Saxon Eric

Dec 18, 2005
My issue with this is Clifton is better. Nothing against kampfer. But Clifton is actually quiet good. Very Mobile. I really can’t see why they would send a guy down to make the team a little worse just to save the extra d that probably clears waivers down. Just doesn’t make sense to me to be honest
He'd be playing regularly not sitting like he is now, wouldn't be the first time the better player is in Providence

BruinsFanSince94

The Perfect Fan ™
Sep 28, 2017
New England
Why would we waive Lindholm...he has a goal for us. LOL
I would send Backes packing to the AHL before I waived Lindholm, at least he can kill penalties and can skate at the pace we need him to.

He can skate at the pace but when he skates into the offensive zone, he shits his draws and his hands turn to soup. He makes Paille look like Pastrnak.

At this point we're debating two players who aren't everyday NHL players at this point. They each bring different things.

Backes = physicality, experience, leadership, right handed shot and can play center if needed.

Lindholm = versatility, defensive game, skating.

Even sending them down, you're getting the same relief for the most part? Backes is 1M relief and what's lindholm, 700k?

I'm going to go Backes because they need physicality a lot more than they need a defensive forward.

Bruins have plenty of players to kill penalties..... Bergeron, Marchand, Kuraly, Nordstrom, Wagner and Bjork has been used.

Kegs

Nov 10, 2010
He'd be playing regularly not sitting like he is now, wouldn't be the first time the better player is in Providence

It’s true. But he won’t be sitting the whole season. He will be cycled in. Clifton is nhl d. He is probably a top four on half the teams in the nhl. Boston has to be the most spoiled defensive team in the whole league. Moore might get traded. Maybe they just show casing him.

AngryMilkcrates

End of an Era
Jun 4, 2016
I agree, if Bergeron came out and said he was opting out fo the tournament I would be disappointed but would not hold it against him at all. We dont need to hear their reasoning, we are in the middle of a pandemic. If you dont feel safe for any reason, opt out.

BruinsNetwork

I agree, if Bergeron came out and said he was opting out fo the tournament I would be disappointed but would not hold it against him at all. We dont need to hear their reasoning, we are in the middle of a pandemic. If you dont feel safe for any reason, opt out.

I honestly feel the same way about players who opt in, as well. I’ve personally seen one too many blogger, writer or reporter judge these guys for their decision to play. Yes, we’re in a global pandemic, but it isn’t your decision to make. These players know the risk and the league knows the risk as well— they have analysts and employees who run the scenarios daily.

Whether you agree with it or not, they are playing this thing out at the moment. Plus, this is a multi-billion dollar corporation with access to information, doctors, researchers and medical professionals that we simply don’t have access to— they’re probably not as naive as you think.

Ultimately, if someone gets sick, then someone gets sick. How will the teams and league handle these instances of positive COVID-19 tests later on? Well, that’s yet to be seen and also what we’re all waiting for.

Anyways, I wish these employees, players, staff and executives the best of luck— fingers crossed for nothing more than safety and wellness!

StrBender

Mar 7, 2005
North Shore, MA
I hope we see him back in 2021. He does everything asked of him by the team and he never says a word about not playing. I know there's those who will say "He should be happy to be making NHL money while sitting in the press box most games" But I believe 95% of players would have a really hard time doing what he does for the team, and I'm sure he has a tough time too.

Reactions: Ladyfan

Dr Hook

It’s Called Ruins
Sponsor
Mar 9, 2005
Tyler, TX
Time to bump this to give the man some props. What a pro and what a good thing for the Bruins to have this guy willing to sit on the taxi squad and wait for his chance and then come in to play his first game in over a year and hang in there. He played solid game today at MSG. I only saw one play where he made a potentially dangerous mistake. Otherwise, he did his job quietly and effectively. I don't want to see too much of him, because that means something bad for the Bruins has happened, but in this current injury crunch he's a safe pair of hands back there.

Number6

Mar 14, 2003
Visit site
Time to bump this to give the guy some props. What a pro and what a good thing for the Bruins to have this guy willing to sit on the taxi squad and wait for his chance and then come in to play his first game in over a year and hang in there. He played solid game today at MSG. I only saw one play where he made a potentially dangerous mistake. Otherwise, he did his job quietly and effectively. I don't want to see too much of him, because that means something bad for the Bruins has happened, but in this current injury crunch he's a safe pair of hands back there.

Fully agree. Kampfer has been very good in his second stint with the Bruins. He doesn't need like 3 or 4 games after a long layoff to be effective, he is always looking the same, very professional. That is something so important for a 9th or 10th defenseman on a roster. Very happy for him and for the Bruins.

The National

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2017
Los Angeles
Time to bump this to give the man some props. What a pro and what a good thing for the Bruins to have this guy willing to sit on the taxi squad and wait for his chance and then come in to play his first game in over a year and hang in there. He played solid game today at MSG. I only saw one play where he made a potentially dangerous mistake. Otherwise, he did his job quietly and effectively. I don't want to see too much of him, because that means something bad for the Bruins has happened, but in this current injury crunch he's a safe pair of hands back there.
Couldn’t agree more, it deserves lots of props. Every time I can remember that he’s asked to play after these long breaks without any gameplay he puts in a solid game.

I’d much rather they plug him in over Moore, even on his off side.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad