Confirmed with Link: Steve Sullivan promoted to AGM

The Feckless Puck

Registered Loser
Sponsor
Oct 26, 2006
He and Chris O'Hearn will both be considered assistant GMs, apparently splitting tasks and responsibilities.

_Del_

Jul 4, 2003
Good for him. He's a good guy. A little worried about the experience level in our front office right now. But I suppose if you're having trouble finding candidates, filling them internally is the preferred route.

RemoAZ

Let it burn
Mar 30, 2010
Glendale, Arizona
Good for him. He's a good guy. A little worried about the experience level in our front office right now. But I suppose if you're having trouble finding candidates, filling them internally is the preferred route.

We don't need experience. We have Tippett. :sarcasm:

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011

Who said we are having trouble finding candidates?

Matias Maccete

Chopping up defenses
Sep 21, 2014
Whooo there's the experienced AGM! :sarcasm:

This is cool I guess, we still have a pretty green front office though.

_Del_

Jul 4, 2003
Who said we are having trouble finding candidates?

Uhm, our GM search yielded no interested candidates so we promoted an inexperienced candidate internally.
We then talked a lot about getting an experienced AGM to hold his hand. That was 13 months ago, and we just filled that AGM position with an internal hire with zero experience. Do the math.

XX

Waiting for Ishbia
Dec 10, 2002
PHX
Do the math.

Not a strong suit of people that tend to defer to authority. Good for Sullivan, but I haven't seen the merit to this promotion. It's questionable how well he helped develop guys, and there's talk of Van Ryn being a doofus. Hopefully Chayka gets another reasonable voice in the room as a result of all of this.

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011
Uhm, our GM search yielded no interested candidates so we promoted an inexperienced candidate internally.
We then talked a lot about getting an experienced AGM to hold his hand. That was 13 months ago, and we just filled that AGM position with an internal hire with zero experience. Do the math.

Maybe Chayka's work changed their thinking, and we have no idea who or if they contacted anyone, only speculation.

_Del_

Jul 4, 2003
You're right. Maybe saying they were going to bring in an experienced GM to help Chayka was just the latest in the string of lies from ownership. Good point.

Bonsai Tree

Turning a new leaf
Feb 2, 2014
I wonder if Shane Doan will nibble on the bait of this open position? I could see Doan excelling in this role. No one knows what Doan sees for himself.

In the old days, when players had summer jobs, they went into coaching or management to keep making a living doing what they loved. Doan has millions and doesn't need to keep making a living in hockey. He could stay with the team in a front office capacity and not travel with the team, but we saw with Gretzky what happens when a rich player decides to coach as a hobby, and not as a profession.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad