Attachments

• 1695994652006.png
    1695994652006.png
    284.3 KB · Views: 4
Last edited:

Tap on the Ankle

Jun 9, 2004
Ottawa
Essentially a demotion for Dorion right? No longer holds the hammer on hockey decisions
Technically yes, but it's more of a move toward structuring hockey ops like the rest of teams in the league so I doubt he would take issue. He was in a unique spot before.

Reactions: JD1

armani

High Jacques
Apr 8, 2005
Uranus
Welcome aboard Staios - we have been awaiting your arrival as the worst kept secret in Sens town lol.

Finally, we have a PoHo to account for GM/hockey ops decisions. By all accounts, Staios is poised to be a great hire for this organization. I liked him as a hard nosed player, excited to have him on board.

thinkwild

Veni Vidi Toga
Jul 29, 2003
Ottawa
It would be interesting to see how the job duties breakout between GM and POHO. I would think the GM would still have the so called hammer except that a POHO can choose to replace the GM.

Ghost of Jody Hull

May 20, 2022
Nice! Let's hope Pierre's press duties are officially over. He probably wouldn't be near as hated if he never stood up in front of a microphone.

HSF

Sep 3, 2008
awesome job. Finally have someone who can check Pierre and his decisions.

Darche next

HSF

Sep 3, 2008
It would be interesting to see how the job duties breakout between GM and POHO. I would think the GM would still have the so called hammer except that a POHO can choose to replace the GM.
POHO def has the 'hammer' due to being the higher position. The question is will Staois use it

Big Muddy

Dec 15, 2019
That's what I was wondering about as well. I'm not talking about the hierarchy and who reports to who, as that part is clear. But, does Dorion need approval for every hockey decision? Or, does Dorion have some latitude?

Ghost of Jody Hull

May 20, 2022
That's what I was wondering about as well. Does Dorion need approval for every hockey decision? Or, does Dorion have some latitude?

The typical structure was that a GM needs approval for every hockey decision from the President.

Especially if the role is specific to the on-ice side of the org - President of Hockey Operations. (i.e. Jeff Gorton in Montreal or Jim Rutherford in Vancouver).

Brendan Shanahan is the President of the Toronto Maple Leafs, not just hockey ops, so he has an even wider purview. And the reports were that that was Dubas' primary frustration – he had to go through Shanahan for everything.

Emerica

May 29, 2010
I’m assuming the POHO has to green light every major or semi-major move, while the GM takes care of the day-to-day duties, negotiations with agents, etc. But yeah would be cool to see how the duties are shared. Perhaps when/if we have a press conference someone will ask. This is all new for us as Sens fans

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad