News Article: Steve Simmons is an idiot...Part Infinity

barilko05

NHL FAN
Jan 28, 2011
SIMMONS SAYS: Giant opportunity for the Maple Leafs can't be wasted | Toronto Sun

This might be the most ridiculous thing this goober has ever written. He thinks that Dubas, because the team needs "grit" is looking at Nick Foligno. And that we'd have to give up Kerfoot, plus Sandin, Liljgren or Robertson or a high pick to get him.

So let me get this straight: We trade a guy we need (Kerfoot) for the expansion draft and a top level prospect...for a month or so of Nick Foligno.
An aging, gritty, soon to be FA forward who's barely outscored Vesey this season...and has a big fat contract to boot.
Whatever he's on I want some!
And for all of you who think this is just the guy to "get us over the hump" and "who cares about the future, we gotta win now," I got one name for ya...

Owen Nolan.

"Nuff said.

Marshy

Behind Enemy Lines
Oct 3, 2007
Ottawa
Not sure we can help Columbus with their cap dump. Perhaps if they retain 50% and add a pick we could trade them a late pick...do we have any journeyman D left on the Marlies? I know...Marincin.

HabsInsider

Buy XRP.
Mar 2, 2013
Are we even sure Steve Simmons is a Leaf fan and not just someone out to destroy the organization from within?

I mean, his idiotic comments cause players to hate him. He reinforces the narrative that Leaf fans and the Toronto media are toxic. He's constantly a hindrance to an organization that is trying hard to win.

I think he's either a closet fan of another team or he holds some weird grudge against the Leafs.

leafsfan2point0

Jun 8, 2011
Almost everyone in Leafs Nation doesn’t respect this guy. We shouldn’t post his articles/click his links. We should boycott everything Steve Simmonds period.

Coachcorner

Senor Martinez
Sep 28, 2017
Owen Nolan was a huge players sire, one of mi favourites of all time and he did play some real hard games for us too. :clap:

But yeah, to the subject: We don't need to give up that much for another thug. We already have some thugs. Simmonds, Bogo and a half thug in Joey. Hyman our regular thug already. We ain't needing more. If we is, we gon get a sucka like Staal or something like that thurr. Something like uh...... Rinaldo etc. Cheap suckas. Fools. Not like that.

Stephen

Feb 28, 2002
One aspect I absolutely hate about Steve Simmons style coverage is pulling one name out of a hat and creating all this urgency in acquiring him. No doubt Foligno would fill a role but I’m also sure pro scouting could identify a few other off the radar examples who could do the same job that doesn’t involve some dumb scenario where the cupboards are cleared.

Reactions: Faltorvo

Kurtz

Jul 17, 2005
Does a 2nd rounder count as a high pick? I'd give up Kerfoot and a 2nd for Foligno no problem.

supermann_98

May 8, 2002
Visit site
Don't click on the article and give him views!!
Agreed and cannot be stated enough, in fact we should all make a pact as Leafs nation to never intentionally click one of this ass-clown's articles, he feeds off our anger like the Emperor in Return of the Jedi

exporta

Jul 30, 2005
SIMMONS SAYS: Giant opportunity for the Maple Leafs can't be wasted | Toronto Sun

This might be the most ridiculous thing this goober has ever written. He thinks that Dubas, because the team needs "grit" is looking at Nick Foligno. And that we'd have to give up Kerfoot, plus Sandin, Liljgren or Robertson or a high pick to get him.

So let me get this straight: We trade a guy we need (Kerfoot) for the expansion draft and a top level prospect...for a month or so of Nick Foligno.
An aging, gritty, soon to be FA forward who's barely outscored Vesey this season...and has a big fat contract to boot.
Whatever he's on I want some!
And for all of you who think this is just the guy to "get us over the hump" and "who cares about the future, we gotta win now," I got one name for ya...

Owen Nolan.

"Nuff said.

I don't typically click on threads about Simmonds, in fact I largely ignore his negative stories.

For some reason I did, and I have to admit this is probably the least offensive Simmonds article I've read. Am I missing something?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad