Confirmed with Link: Steve Ott re-signs with Blues (2 years, 5.2 Million)

BlueOil

"well-informed"
Apr 28, 2010
Off the cuff, I don't like this deal. Too much and we already have too many forwards. Someone will be traded, but I don't see the need to keep Ott.

Lord Helix

Nov 12, 2010
Didn't take long to screw this off-season. What does Ott actually bring to this team that couldn't be done for cheaper?

Apr 30, 2012
St. Louis, MO
Damnit Dolph, you beat me to it. Why are we wasting money on him when we still have Schwartz and Sobotka un-signed? This pretty much guarantees Berglund is gone. I'm terrified of what this means for Sobotka. I was ready to give Army a big thumbs up for this off season, but he went and ****ed it up.

Edit: Mods, can you delete the other thread for me?

Dbrownss

Jan 5, 2014
I like ott....till we signed Lehtera and have no room

Edit....oh we **** the bed with sobokta

Alklha

Sep 7, 2011
A rather pointless signing, given our other moves this had better not be something that holds the team back again. Too much money as well.

Nice beacon to send the rest of the League that we have to make a trade as well...

Linus

Nov 27, 2010
St. Louis
Ugh. I was so relieved when it looked like he wasn't coming back. Not only is he a pretty useless player, there's no room for him in the lineup. Not looking forward to seeing who's traded to make room for him.

Louie the Blue

Because it's a trap
Jul 27, 2010
Andy Strickland ‏@andystrickland 16s
Interesting news coming down regarding Vlad Sobotka within the hour. #stllbues

So, either Sobotka is traded/re-signed/goes to the KHL?

And if he is traded/KHL, that would explain the Ott signing.

griff713

Mar 25, 2014
Rockland County NY
why the hell did we resign ott? I knew I was right now that Sobotka has left for the KHL.. When I saw the alert come up on my phone I actually flipped out. Maybe if Sobotka went to the KHL first and Ott was the other option, but if we had the choice and didn't get soby and resigned Ott that would be terrible.

Alklha

Sep 7, 2011
Sobotka signed with KHL. Woah

@Real_ESPNLeBrun 1m View translation
Also hearing Vladimir Sobotka has signed with Omsk of the KHL.

He hasn't signed yet as far as I know. Nothing in the Russian media either.

If he walks then we didn't offer him a fair contract.

Sniper

It's learning...
Jun 11, 2003
Colorado
Visit site
No sir, I don't like it. I guess we'll see how this affects Sobieski and Schwartz...

Edit: I guess this was in reaction to Sobi leaving... which sucks.

Last edited:

Majorityof1

Mar 6, 2014
Central Florida
Wha...why...how...why...Good god please tell me its a joke? Is it April fools? I just don't get it. Why? Why? Why?

Sign and trade :crossfing Please, please be a sign and trade.

Needless to say, I hate this signing. And at $2.6 Million per year, he is being overpaid by roughly $7.6M per year. Yes, you'd have to pay me $5M to take Ott on my team. Freaking waste of space and now we will definitely have to trade someone.

Even worse, he could be a Sobotka replacement. Let that sink in. We'll most likely sign Schwartz for a little over $3M. Which means we need to sign Sobe for under $3M. Blues inexplicably elect to go to Arbitration with Sobe. Sobe is our best face-off guy. Then suddenly we sign a guy who is useless except for face offs for the $2.6M we needed to sign Sobotka.

How to ruin a good off-season in 2 easy steps:

1) Sign Ott
2) Doesn't really matter, you <bleeped> up and signed Ott, but trading Sobotka will make it worse.

Edit: I didn't even see the Sobotka rumor. I posted this upon reading the first post about Ott. Even worse than trading him. We lost him for nothing.

PerryTurnbullfan

Sep 30, 2006
Penalty Box
Hitchcock pulling a Keenan like move and you're surprised? It's one of HIS guys. Take out the trash before he destroys this franchise too. Look what Hitch did to Columbus. That has his stamp all over it.

Apr 30, 2012
St. Louis, MO
Ott will be just fine on the 4th line. If I remember correctly, him, Lappy, and Reaves made for an exciting line to watch when we were healthy enough to have it.

2.5 million is about 2.5 million too much to pay Ott to drag our fourth line down. Especially when we probaby could have gotten Sobotka for around 3 million but it seems like we may have low balled him.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad