Eklund Rumor: Steve Mason to the Kings

Status
Not open for further replies.

uncleben

Global Moderator
Dec 4, 2008
Acton, Ontario
Regardless of who first brought it up, Eklund, MacKenzie or an hfboard poster speculating or suggesting a trade, let's talk about how a deal like this would go down. thats the point of the board.

what would LA need to give up?

Last edited by a moderator:

funky

Time for the future. More Byfield and Clarke
Mar 9, 2002
I will give Eklund one thing, he seems a little bit closer to reality on Flyer related news than any other. The teams have trade history and DL groomed Hextall. Unfortunately I cringe as an LA fan as I think the student is about to surpass his Master. I have a lot of respect for Hextall and still wish he was in LA.

Curufinwe

Feb 28, 2013
Regardless of who first brought it up, Eklund, MacKenzie or an hfboard poster speculating or suggesting a trade, let's talk about how a deal like this would go down. thats the point of the board.

what would LA need to give up?

More than a 2nd, less than a 1st, is my estimation.

I don't know what prospects LA have that are actually available for a goalie rental.

JojoTheWhale

CORN BOY
May 22, 2008
I will give Eklund one thing, he seems a little bit closer to reality on Flyer related news than any other. The teams have trade history and DL groomed Hextall. Unfortunately I cringe as an LA fan as I think the student is about to surpass his Master. I have a lot of respect for Hextall and still wish he was in LA.

His Flyers sources dried up post Hextall transition. He runs a pretty tight ship.

Forgetting value, I don't see how Hextall could trade one goalie wihtout extending the other. Both would be tricky negotiations at this point.

funky

Time for the future. More Byfield and Clarke
Mar 9, 2002
His Flyers sources dried up post Hextall transition. He runs a pretty tight ship.

Forgetting value, I don't see how Hextall could trade one goalie wihtout extending the other. Both would be tricky negotiations at this point.

Good to know, he does take after Dean being tight lipped. Mason could be effective behind our tight defence first system. Want King?

Starat327

Top .01% OnlyHands
Sponsor
May 8, 2011
Philadelphia, Pa
Flyers aren't tanking. Even with the potential to lose him, we aren't giving him up cheap. Statistically, he's been a top 10 goalie since joining the flyers. He wouldn't come cheap, and the flyers can't take back cap to make it work for Kings anyway.

Curufinwe

Feb 28, 2013
Flyers aren't tanking. Even with the potential to lose him, we aren't giving him up cheap. Statistically, he's been a top 10 goalie since joining the flyers. He wouldn't come cheap, and the flyers can't take back cap to make it work for Kings anyway.

They could retain 50% and take back Budaj.

Number1RedWingsFan52

Mar 17, 2013
Winter Haven Florida
Doubt that the Kings have any interest in Mason, Still cost them $4.1 million for the season and all. Would think that they might look for a cheaper alternative elsewhere depending on the outcome of Jonathon Quick.

SB84

Jul 22, 2015
Calgary, AB
Would be a good pickup by the Kings, however the question is, as always, what are the Kings willing to part with that the Flyers wold be interested in?

Kings fans, who is available, who is not, what prospects are untouchable, etc?

What about Dwight King and someone like Kempe?

Snotbubbles

Oct 25, 2007
Would rather trade Neuvy. Resting our #1 goaltending hopes on him is fools gold. The guy just can't stay healthy.

Eb

Feb 27, 2011
Toronto
Aren't the Flyers the one team Eklund has been right about in the past?

In that link above of all of Eklund's rumors, I have seen:

- Rangers in on Luke Schenn
- Brayden Schenn for Shattenkirk
- Simmonds + Schenn for Hemsky

AlphaBravo

Jan 31, 2015
Yerevan
Would be a good pickup by the Kings, however the question is, as always, what are the Kings willing to part with that the Flyers wold be interested in?

The Kings are not going to trade their best forward prospect (Kempe) for a goalie rental. Nor would they part with a pick higher than 3rd round. Its better for the Kings to ride out Zatkoff and tank the season then mortgage the future for a rental goalie, considering we are not even contenders this year.

The best I would do is Dwight King and 3rd round pick for Mason (50% retained).

Trolfoli

May 30, 2013

:laugh:

Kings aren't paying that for a backup at 4.1M.

Kings just need to ride it out and get a high draft pick at this point.

Trolfoli

May 30, 2013
The Kings are not going to trade their best forward prospect (Kempe) for a goalie rental. Nor would they part with a pick higher than 3rd round. Its better for the Kings to ride out Zatkoff and tank the season then mortgage the future for a rental goalie, considering we are not even contenders this year.

The best I would do is Dwight King or 3rd round pick for Mason (50% retained).

Fixed it for ya.

The only reason I'm ok with a 3rd is the 50% retained.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad