Player Discussion Steve dangle

soothsayer

Oct 27, 2009
Well, I now know who Steve Dangle is. The strange thing to me is that, I get why there is so much content related to the Leafs, but I don't get why it's so fawning. To me that speaks to the weirdness of the fanbase. Toronto has always had fans (and a population?) who are chronically anxious about not being thought of as highly as they think of themselves.

Reactions: oilers'72

Stoneman89

Feb 8, 2008
Hey.
So for some reason I’m watching the Steve dangle podcast. In one breathe they knock mcdavid and draisaitl for padding each other’s stats (they don’t even play together much) and in the other breathe they are saying marner and matthews is the best duo and talking about how they complement each other.

so begs the question why is mcdavid knocked for having draisaitl but marner and matthews are better because of each other?

I’ve noticed this on HD boards as well. No one mentions marner when discussing matthews point totals but posters are quick to discredit mcdavid because of draisaitl and vice versa.

double standards no?
McDavid and Draisatl may play on different lines, but they get a huge chunk of their points playing together on the PP.

BlackDogg

perpetuum defectum
Oct 3, 2015
Steve Dangle is pretty much an HF poster / YouTuber whose sole purpose is to be quirky for stupid and gullible (read as all) Leafs fans.
He's a cling on. Leaf fans cling to him when they need a hug. I bet that's not even his real name :sarcasm:.

Or maybe first thing his parents thought of when he was born.

Del Preston

Mar 8, 2013
I'm laughing at Dangle getting the "Player Discussion" tag for this thread. If you've ever seen this guy try to skate, you'll know why.

I'll get my hockey analysis from someone that isn't an overgrown 13 year old that lives in his basement and doesn't know how to actually play hockey or even skate.
Bingo. He's a total loser.

XXIV97

Jun 2, 2016
I watch the Steve Dangle Podcast and I would ignore more most of their takes since they usually switch takes evert 2 weeks

Reactions: Declassified

Mr Positive

Cap Crunch Incoming
Nov 20, 2013
I like them ok. I watch the podcast sometimes. I'll have to check this one out lol

Oilslick941611

Jul 4, 2006
Ottawa
McDavid and Draisatl may play on different lines, but they get a huge chunk of their points playing together on the PP.
thats missing the point. Matthews are Marner play together. McDavid and Draisaitl get crap for inflating each others point totals, but Matthews and Marner don't, they get praised as duo by the same people shitting on McDavid and Draisaitl. Thats the point of the thread.

Stoneman89

Feb 8, 2008
thats missing the point. Matthews are Marner play together. McDavid and Draisaitl get crap for inflating each others point totals, but Matthews and Marner don't, they get praised as duo by the same people shitting on McDavid and Draisaitl. Thats the point of the thread.
Meh, Leafers are going to Leaf. No sense getting worked up over their inane ramblings.

RogerR

Feb 2, 2021
Hey.
So for some reason I’m watching the Steve dangle podcast. In one breathe they knock mcdavid and draisaitl for padding each other’s stats (they don’t even play together much) and in the other breathe they are saying marner and matthews is the best duo and talking about how they complement each other.

so begs the question why is mcdavid knocked for having draisaitl but marner and matthews are better because of each other?

I’ve noticed this on HD boards as well. No one mentions marner when discussing matthews point totals but posters are quick to discredit mcdavid because of draisaitl and vice versa.

double standards no?
Maybe because Marner and Matthews litterally never played together until Keefe was coach. It was a ridiculious move by Babcock, but it hapened nonetheless. Marner got 94 points 2 years ago without Matthews.

Del Preston

Mar 8, 2013
Maybe because Marner and Matthews litterally never played together until Keefe was coach. It was a ridiculious move by Babcock, but it hapened nonetheless. Marner got 94 points 2 years ago without Matthews.
He got 94 points playing with another star, $11M player.

It's almost like the Toronto fanboy is a giant hypocrite.

DavidHasselhoffsFist

Seen some dark places, but always pop back out!
May 9, 2010
Steve Dangle is a moron simply put

He should be a contestant on the price is right not on a national platform telling the rest of Canada how good his leafs are.

I feel like his ass must get jealous of all the shit his mouth talks

He is the Stephen A Smith of Canadian sports(Toronto sports)

Oilhawks

Oden's Ride Over Nordland
Nov 24, 2011
Steve Dangle is a moron simply put

He should be a contestant on the price is right not on a national platform telling the rest of Canada how good his leafs are.

I feel like his ass must get jealous of all the shit his mouth talks

He is the Stephen A Smith of Canadian sports(Toronto sports)

True, but hey, at least Stephen A is funny!

CanmoreMike

Feb 27, 2002
#YEG
I literally watched Steven Dangle hug himself on his podcast after the first Toronto shutout. Don't pay any attention to this guy. He is a self admitted fan more than anything else.

For Oilers fans who still don’t know who Steve Dangle is, he’s a thirteen year old Eric Francis from the east.

Reactions: oilers'72 and TB12

McDrai

Mar 29, 2009
Hey.

double standards no?

I found the problem. He's a leafs fan boy (literally). I would expect him to say shit like that

Jumptheshark

Rebooting myself
Oct 12, 2003
Somewhere on Uranus
Hey.

double standards no?

R U new to Dangle? He is a leaf fan boy who turned his obsession into a paying gig. He does nothing but pump the tires of the leafs

Reactions: oilers'72 and TB12

MuzzaFuzza

MVP(s)
Apr 20, 2012
Red Deer
I don't know if people give Steve Dangle more credit than hes due because he works for Sportsnet, but you have to remember the guys LITERAL JOB is to be the biggest Leafs homer out there. That is what Sportsnet pays him to do, as hilarious as that sounds. So I wouldn't take anything he says seriously.

McDNicks17

Jul 1, 2010
Ontario
I don't know if people give Steve Dangle more credit than hes due because he works for Sportsnet, but you have to remember the guys LITERAL JOB is to be the biggest Leafs homer out there. That is what Sportsnet pays him to do, as hilarious as that sounds. So I wouldn't take anything he says seriously.

He's like a real life professional Todd from Leduc.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad