Steve Dangle Latest Video

Stephen

Feb 28, 2002
Clarkson's going to be here for an eternity anyway so maybe they can try that when Carlyle gets fired.

LeafsNation149

Feb 4, 2013
Ive wanted Clarkson with Kadri and Lupul at the beginning of the season and i do agree with him but Carlyle is a braindead mother fker that won't change his ways

Al14

Jul 13, 2007
Clarkson with Bozak and Kessel, just for ***** and giggles. Do it Carlyle!

Beleafer4

Apr 4, 2010
Dont really agree with the clarkson thing as it was tried before and he sucked but hey what the hell why not.

I do agree with the fact that we need 3 offensive lines. Screw the shutdown line, they havent been effective anyway.

Gallagbi

Formerly Eazy_B97
Jul 5, 2005
The Clarkson - Kadri - Lupul line has been tried a few times and it hasn't looked good. Tough to promote Clarkson when he isn't playing well too.

I'd much rather see
Kulemin - Kadri - Lupul
Raymond - Holland - Clarkson
with McClement on the 4th line. Gives us a little more offense and takes the focus away from a shutdown forward unit.

Trapper

Nov 21, 2013
So let me get this straight. Clarkson sucking at hockey is Carlyle's fault.

He forgot to mention the big difference between Elias/Kovalchuk and Kadri/Lupul.
Kovalchuk is elite and controls a game at any given time. Elias has playmaking ability honed above Kadri with 2 way play to back it up. Big difference.

Rare Jewel

Patience
Jan 11, 2007
Leaf Land
I posted a Kessel - Bozak - Clarkson line combo during the week in the NYI GDT

For many of the reasons Dangle mentioned.

Getting Kessel on LW is something I'd be keen to do as well. One reason being it would put a stop to that 40ft snap he defaults to, And anther more strategically reason. Having Kessel speed on the left side to pressure the right side defenseman(who's left handed) to create turn overs on our blue line.

Having Clarkson on that line to create a fore check and gain the zone is what that line needs IMO.

Then load up the 2nd line: JVR - Kadri - Lupul <-------Flip flop wings if needed

3rd line: Raymond - Smith/Bolland* - Kulemin
4th line: D'Amigo - McClement - Ashton

*whoever is back first

Last edited:

LeafsNation149

Feb 4, 2013
I posted a Kessel - Bozak - Clarkson line combo during the week in the NYI GDT

For many of the reasons Dangle mentioned.

Getting Kessel on LW is something I'd be keen to do as well. One reason being it would put a stop to that 40ft snap he defaults to, And anther more strategically reason. Having Kessel speed on the left side to pressure the right side defenseman(who's left handed) to create turn overs on our blue line.

Having Clarkson on that line to create a fore check and gain the zone is what that line needs IMO.

Then load up the 2nd line: JVR - Kadri - Lupul

3rd line: Raymond - Smith/Bolland* - Kulemin
4th line: D'Amigo - McClement - Ashton

*whoever is back first

I'd be okay with trying that for a couple of games

Trapper

Nov 21, 2013
So let me get this straight. Clarkson sucking at hockey is Carlyle's fault.

I'm a big Clarkson fan but he is not a 30 goal scorer. In my mind he was always a slightly more offensive Chris Neil (with a little Thomas Holmstrom on the PP) who had a career year. I seem to remember Kulemin scoring 30 goals once and playing well on a line with Kadri/Lupul. Kulemin didn't suddenly score 30 again. Clarkson is a 3rd line guy who can jump to the 2nd when he gets hot.

happyaccident

May 14, 2013
Randy's top 6 are like the 6 guys that get invited to see his wine cellar while everybody else is playing badminton and I think he decided very early on that Clarkson has no business being near it.
Forget about getting him to drop his third checking line/incessant line matching, everybody needs a hobby, he'd sooner quit eating timbits. The fact that it's not working does not factor into the equation, he's probably going to be buried with a Sami Pahlsson doll.

sync95

Feb 21, 2009
Ontario
I disagree with Dangle on some things, but he is right on Clarkson. Placing him on the top 2 lines would take the pressure off him from opposing defenders. It will give him a chance to pot 10 more goals before the season ends hopefully:sarcasm:

dubey

$$$$$$$*NICE*$$$$$$$ 69 in 79 $$$$$$$*NICE*$$$$$$$
Oct 22, 2006
In your head
Didn't think he was making videos anymore

First one time I've ever made it through one of his videos - wasn't trying obnoxiously hard to be funny. Agreed with most of what he said too.

The Winter Soldier

Apr 4, 2011
Kadri Lupul and Clarkson was the best line against Washington a month and half ago, and then suddenly not tried again by Carlyle.

I hope Randy comes to his senses soon, because this line up is not working.

It's like watching a fly bumping into a window trying to get out.

garce

Mar 20, 2010
Too close to Ottawa and Montreal
Putting Clarkson in the top 6 for a long stretch is the only sensible move. When Bolland returns maybe him centering Clarkson and Kulemin could work. But right now Lupul Kadri clarkson is the best 2nd line option.

StringsAttached

BPD Nation!
Oct 1, 2013
Vaughan, ON
Clarkson on the 2nd line is ridiculous. The dangles guy is funny but doesn't look like he knos much about hockey or hasn't been watching the games intently. Clarkson has no place on this team. He would find a way to **** up playing 4th line minutes.

TorontoToine

Jan 10, 2014
Mimico Ontario boy
Love dangle and all his videos and podcasts and seriously think that clarkson on the second line is ideal, seriously want kadri and lupul bringing up the puck instead of him, and him potting in the garbage goals.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad