Confirmed with Link: Stephane Robidas traded to ANA for 4th R

HatchtrickBateman

Jun 29, 2011
Lincoln, NE
No, I'm there with ya. I always cheer against former Stars. Watching the Pens flounder is that much sweeter because Neal and Nisky are there.

Of course there are exceptions, like Iggy. But I don't want to see the B's lifting the Cup, so that's outta the picture too.

I love to see neal and nisky fail, moreso Neal.. But Robi, really want to see him succeed. Morrow to a lesser extent, and Ott and Ribeiro a small amount.

Last edited:

piqued

nos merentur hoc
Nov 22, 2006
I thought it was pretty well reported that JN brought it to Robi and let him decide. Can anyone really fault his decision at the time?
Yes. Stick with your team and be a difference maker. It's not like the Stars were out of the race, they always had a good chance to make the playoffs.

Troy McClure

Suter will never be scratched
Mar 12, 2002
South of Heaven
Yes. Stick with your team and be a difference maker. It's not like the Stars were out of the race, they always had a good chance to make the playoffs.
But it's not like he asked for a trade. Nill came to a Robidas because Nill wanted to get rid of him. Nill did the nice thing by offering Robidas the chance to veto it, but Nill started this. I don't get why you hold it against Robidas when the team made it clear they wanted to be rid of him.

beepeearr

@beepeearr
Jan 11, 2006
Lake Worth
But it's not like he asked for a trade. Nill came to a Robidas because Nill wanted to get rid of him. Nill did the nice thing by offering Robidas the chance to veto it, but Nill started this. I don't get why you hold it against Robidas when the team made it clear they wanted to be rid of him.

I thought it got reported that they asked him if he wanted to stay or to go to a contender for a better shot at a cup and he wanted go to Anaheim?

piqued

nos merentur hoc
Nov 22, 2006
I don't think we really know what happened. If Nill is the one who initiated it, then I hold Nill responsible for weakening the team for minimal future gain while strengthening a possible opponent. If it was Robidas then I hold him responsible for the reasons mentioned above.

BigG44

Jul 12, 2007
“Some teams started to call on him four or five days ago, so I sat down with him and said, ‘Stephane, in the end it really is going to have to be your decision,’” Nill said. “I respect Stephane a lot for what he has meant to the organization. We sat down and I told him there are some teams that are Stanley Cup contenders, top, top contenders and they had called on him, and would you like to max out your opportunity to win a Stanley Cup?

“He said he loved the guys here, I don’t want to leave them. We discussed that and in the end he said it would be a great opportunity, at my age, to go win a Cup. He was very appreciative.”

It was Robidas' decision. If you have a problem with that, grow up. People whined for years he sucks, and now trading him is somehow awful. There's almost no chance Nemeth is playing right now if Robidas is still here (they'd have gone right back to the Benn-Gonchar pair), and Dallas wasn't ever going to contend for the Cup this year. You can just keep your anything can happen in the playoffs BS too. The end result whatever it is for Dallas is great because of the experience they've gained, and now knowing Nemeth is a guy they can count on next year.

If we couldn't find something to ***** about, this wouldn't be the Dallas forum.

Troy McClure

Suter will never be scratched
Mar 12, 2002
South of Heaven
It was his decision only because Nill was happy to move him. GMs call about players all the time, and Nill isn't going to discuss it with a player unless Nill wants to do the deal. This was a mutual as a decision could be.

But I agree about Nemeth. Moving Robidas was the right move to clear the lineup.

piqued

nos merentur hoc
Nov 22, 2006
It was Robidas' decision. If you have a problem with that, grow up. People whined for years he sucks, and now trading him is somehow awful. There's almost no chance Nemeth is playing right now if Robidas is still here (they'd have gone right back to the Benn-Gonchar pair), and Dallas wasn't ever going to contend for the Cup this year. You can just keep your anything can happen in the playoffs BS too. The end result whatever it is for Dallas is great because of the experience they've gained, and now knowing Nemeth is a guy they can count on next year.

If we couldn't find something to ***** about, this wouldn't be the Dallas forum.
Right, if we disagree with a move we need to "grow up". :rolleyes:

People rightly wanted him traded in the past when his value was higher and he was overmatched in his role. The start of this season however saw his level of play rise and his role made more appropriate. Meanwhile the trade value of veteran defensemen declined to negligible levels. Nemeth getting a handful of games this season is nice, and he's done fine. He is not better than Robidas. I don't believe you purposefully weaken your team going into the playoffs unless there's a significant future gain to be had. I believe in treating your players well, but not bending over backwards to accommodate their wishes.

DaStars99

Purdue Alumnus
Feb 6, 2007
Dallas
there was no knowing how Robidas was going to be coming back from his injury. I have no problem with the move, Robidas was not part of the future, he was still trying to come back from a severe injury and he didn't hurt us in this series.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad