Injury Report: Stephane DaCosta w/ video of the incident

source

Jul 13, 2008
Did he just totally diss O'Brien? Because I don't think he's injured as well. He's in the stands cuz he sucks. :laugh:

His 'nose twin in the press box'. LOL. Yeah, O'Brien will find that hilarious. Da Costa is an idiot.

DrunkUncleDenis

Condra Fan
Mar 27, 2012
Poor guy has no luck. Spezza gets injured and he can't take advantage.

I think he would have been a lot more effective than Pageau was vs Carolina. We were missing a little bit of je ne sais quoi.

..but the Parisian kind.

Countdown0

Deep Breath... nope, still mad!
Jun 28, 2010
Ottawa
Damn... in that pic, his nose looks like its swollen to twice its size. That just looks so unpleasant.

MainDotC

Depth Defenceman
Apr 29, 2007
Westerville, OH
seinfeld4.jpg

Very Stable Genius

#WeLostOurKarlssons
Jan 3, 2005
Chicago
Ian Mendes
Richardson says DaCosta will miss a couple of weeks. He accompanied DaCosta to plastic surgeon yesterday and he will need extensive work.
7 minutes ago from web

Ian Mendes
Luke Richardson on Stephane DaCosta injury: "It was the worst smashed nose I've ever seen. It was like a car accident without the air bag."

MainDotC

Depth Defenceman
Apr 29, 2007
Westerville, OH
You should have seen the 1-2 that Witkowski gave Kramer in the 1st period. I'm shocked that Kramer isn't the one with SDC's nose. Bloodied pretty bad but when Witkowski saw Kramer go down he let him get back up and get in a few punches so Kramer could go off in honour.

Ski

Calder Cup Champs
Oct 18, 2007
Binghamton, NY
Maybe one of Kramer, Sdao or Borocop will kick his ass the next time they play.

You should have seen the 1-2 that Witkowski gave Kramer in the 1st period. I'm shocked that Kramer isn't the one with SDC's nose. Bloodied pretty bad but when Witkowski saw Kramer go down he let him get back up and get in a few punches so Kramer could go off in honour.

First off Kramer cannot fight, period. He's way over rated. He's simply a bono fide pest w/ his mouth which has it's limit's. Witkowski knocked his lid off and he knew how to handle him and succeeded in doing so.

So, Da Costa is out until the playoffs, which is fine as the Sens have a great upcoming schedule in April..

Ski

Calder Cup Champs
Oct 18, 2007
Binghamton, NY
Ian Mendes
Richardson says DaCosta will miss a couple of weeks. He accompanied DaCosta to plastic surgeon yesterday and he will need extensive work.
7 minutes ago from web

Ian Mendes
Luke Richardson on Stephane DaCosta injury: "It was the worst smashed nose I've ever seen. It was like a car accident without the air bag."

In bold shows how good a person in Luke is to the club. Amazing. No wonder his player's give him all they got during the season.

That's article material.

Berserker*

Ya I saw that. Witkowski landed flush with that first right, but props to Kramer for getting back up and continuing to fight. I think Kramer still needs to add a fair amount of muscle mass in order to be effective as a fighter. He doesn't hit hard enough yet.

Berserker*

First off Kramer cannot fight, period. He's way over rated. He's simply a bono fide pest w/ his mouth which has it's limit's. Witkowski knocked his lid off and he knew how to handle him and succeeded in doing so.

So, Da Costa is out until the playoffs, which is fine as the Sens have a great upcoming schedule in April..

Kramer was a much better fighter in his WHL days. I think he just hasn't gained enough strength and size to compete with the heavies in the AHL yet. Some of his fights can be exciting, but I find he has got into a lot of grappling matches since he turned pro.

Ski

Calder Cup Champs
Oct 18, 2007
Binghamton, NY
Kramer was a much better fighter in his WHL days. I think he just hasn't gained enough strength and size to compete with the heavies in the AHL yet. Some of his fights can be exciting, but I find he has got into a lot of grappling matches since he turned pro.

Actually, he's got some shoulder mass better than a lot of players his size which attributes to him hanging in his fights at times..plus his age

He needs to have Bonvie to be his mentor and he'll have better results like McGratton did while in Bingo when Dennis gave him some pointers.

Berserker*

Actually, he's got some shoulder mass better than a lot of players his size which attributes to him hanging in his fights at times..plus his age

He needs to have Bonvie to be his mentor and he'll have better results like McGratton did while in Bingo when Dennis gave him some pointers.

Ya it would help to have a more experienced fighter take him under his wing. That way he could learn some of the finer tricks of the trade.

But then again, we have been a bit spoiled in Binghamton in terms of fighters. We went from having Dennis Bonvie to Brian McGrattan. Then after a few year gap of having no one we had Jeremy Yablonski. So overall we have had some of the top heavyweights in the league who were very talented and exciting fighters. It is easy to get critical of Kramer when you are used to having the best the league has to offer.

Maybe we are a little overdue for a having top calibre fighter at this point. Maybe the Sens will look to add a more established fighter in the off season to take on a mentor role like Bonvie did for McGrattan.

ReginKarlssonLehner

Let's Win It All
May 3, 2010
Dubai Marina
honestly best thing here is that he didnt get hit in the eye. careless play it could have been avoided but atleast its not a potential career ending injury

This.

If that amount of force was exerted in the direction of his eye... he may have been permanently blinded.

I still can't get over how disgustingly careless what Angeldevilis did. Should be a suspension. It may be an accident but you gotta be responsible for your equipment, especially when it wasn't warranted.

koreaboy

Oct 14, 2010
Richardson said yesterday it was the worst nosebreak he'd ever seen in hockey. the nose wasn't just kinda snapped and hooked like you usually see, it was pushed right in and the cartilage was basically ruptured into a bunch of little pieces. you have to feel bad for the poor guy. probably a painful injury that's going to disfigure him for life, and he wasn't a looker in the first place. and bad timing- he could have come up instead of pageau.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad