Injury Report: Stephane DaCosta w/ video of the incident

MainDotC

Depth Defenceman
Apr 29, 2007
Westerville, OH

Right at the :15 mark. Very subtle, and they didn't show a replay on the scoreboard, but Angelidis really whacked him.

6nbImKc.jpg

This is what was left on the ice after he left. Angelidis from Syracuse got him good in the head. I couldnt tell if it was an eye. I'll let you know if hes missing in the third period.

Last edited:

playasRus

Mar 21, 2009
Oh noes :(

Terrible for Bingo.

Hopefully didn't knick his eye and no permanent damage. That would be the worse case scenario for him.

ZekeA

The Pride is Back...
Jan 13, 2009
Where the Cup is
Was there anyone on Bingo who stepped up after this dirty hit? Sdao?

"Chipsens":

To be honest nobody saw the hit on Da Costa if anybody did see the penalty please tell us what did happen................

Can NOT say IF there was anything to stand up for....................

Senscore

Let's keep it cold
Nov 19, 2012
I really hope he wasn't wearing his visor over his forehead like usual.

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013
I really hope he wasn't wearing his visor over his forehead like usual.

ill never forget his first nhl game, just look at his head and visor.....
ill also never forget bobby butler in his first ever nhl game on the bench clutching his stick with both hands and saying "*******"..and then giving the worst interview in hockey history in the first intermission

MainDotC

Depth Defenceman
Apr 29, 2007
Westerville, OH
ok guys I checked the replay on ahllive.com...Angelidis was leading a shorthanded rush up ice with Paquette. Peumpel was at the right point (facing SYR goalie) and tried to pass across the blue line to Wideman. Angelidis picked off the pass and started up ice with Peumpel, Wideman, and SDC chasing, and Paquette the trailer. Angelidis drew Peumpel and Wideman to the far side of the boards and left the puck behind him for Paquette to pick up. SDC was to the right rear of Paquette. As Angelidis skated toward the far side, criss-crossing with Paquette, he had one hand on his stick leaving the puck behind him for Paquette, and his body was half-twisted. When he turned back around to face the play he was slinging his stick back into his left hand and inadvertently slashed SDC across the face. Can't tell if it's an eye but hopefully there are some tweets with updates.

Edit: Just added a vid using my phone recording from the TV. Sorry it's ghetto.

SenatorArmy*

yeah looked pretty inadvertent. Just unfortunate really. Still should've been high sticking at least

Countdown0

Deep Breath... nope, still mad!
Jun 28, 2010
Ottawa
Definitely didn't look intentional, but the rule is that you are responsible for your stick, intentional or not. ReginKarlssonLehner had it right. "Careless" is the exact way to describe it.

I think if blood is drawn on the play, Refs should be FORCED to look at a reply to see what caused it and assess the proper penalty, assuming, of course, that neither of them is already calling it. You can't let crap like that slide, and players need to know that they must keep their sticks away from others' face/head area.

Lehner

Jul 2, 2009
Ottawa
ya definitely was an accident, too bad hope hes okay!

Still rooting for Da Costa, I have a bet that he will one day score 40 points in the NHL. I need him to do that for me :P

ZekeA

The Pride is Back...
Jan 13, 2009
Where the Cup is
Da Costa update 03-31-2014 Monday ☺☻☺

Supposely Da Costa is day to day according to WBNG's Travis Eldridge..

So might not be as serious as thought with all these reports of factures/broken nose. Might just be a nasty cut was all.

From another poster..................

Dam that had to hurt hurt me just seeing the blood ººº.....

TheNewEra

Jul 10, 2013
honestly best thing here is that he didnt get hit in the eye. careless play it could have been avoided but atleast its not a potential career ending injury

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad