Step Right Up & Roll The Dice

Who is getting traded?

• Total voters

Sabre Dance

Make Hockey Fun Again
Jul 27, 2006
Voted for: Girgs, Larsson, McCabe, Beaulieu, Lehner

Because those are the guys we SHOULD be shopping
Why do people want to trade McCabe right when he can play a role he will thrive in on the 3rd pair?

I think he makes an attractive add to a trade for higher level players, but I don't see a need to move him yet.

Reactions: Dreakon13

JThorne

Stop accepting failure
Jul 21, 2006
Downtown Buffalo
Im confused at why people are thinking Robin needs to be tendered. We could trade his rights and the other team could sign him before next Monday.

Sure, it could happen. But who wants Lehner over the other goalies so much they would give up an asset for the chance to sign him early? Tim Murray got fired, remember.

Dreakon13

Jun 28, 2010
Mighty Taco, NY
Botts wanted Beaulieu... let’s hope he’s not the worst GM in the club.
In fairness, I feel like there's less of a red flag when your the first team on a cheap reclamation project... than when you're the second or third.

For example, I bet we could find a taker for Zemgus. If he ends up being a dud on the next team though, I bet they struggle mightily to find yet another taker for him. Or Yakupov, the Blues took a flier on him but couldn't find another dance partner... he ended up becoming UFA and signing with Colorado (so there was interest in him, just not for real assets).

I'm not going to be too torn up if Botts can't find another trade partner for Beaulieu. He took a flier on a young, mobile D. It didn't work out, unfortunately in doing so it further exposed Beaulieu for the player he is and the league is probably onto it now. It happens. Thankfully it was a pretty low risk endeavor overall.

EDIT: I'm looking forward to Botts actually doing something, instead of all this speculating about how stupid and awful he is based on half an offseason. So he can either shut people up with some really solid hockey moves, or do something stupid and turn me against him as well. My ass hurts from sitting on the fence so long.

Last edited:

OkimLom

May 3, 2010
I’m expecting ROR gone in a core shaking move. I’m expecting Girgs gone in a 1 for 1 player swap for change of scenery

I think Lehner is traded for a team looking to find a “viable” backup.

Bailey I think is gone at the draft with another pick.

Icicle

Think big
Oct 16, 2005
Im confused at why people are thinking Robin needs to be tendered. We could trade his rights and the other team could sign him before next Monday.

Most people don’t think anyone will tender him for 4 million. They’ll wait for it to pass and offer him something lower once he’s UFA. He has no trade value.

Sabre Dance

Make Hockey Fun Again
Jul 27, 2006
Botts wanted Beaulieu... let’s hope he’s not the worst GM in the club.
I think the majority wanted some D help last offseason. It took me 1 game to realize Beaulieu stunk, but trading for him didn't handcuff the team. I want my GM taking low risk chances on players, even if most won't work.

Jame

Sep 4, 2002
Florida
I think the majority wanted some D help last offseason. It took me 1 game to realize Beaulieu stunk, but trading for him didn't handcuff the team. I want my GM taking low risk chances on players, even if most won't work.

My comment was in response to "will anyone want them"..... context

Reactions: TheCerebral1

UnleashRasmus

Rasmus has gone Super Saiyan VI!
Apr 15, 2012
Nashville Tennessee
O'Reilly, McCabe, Larsson, Girgensons, Bailey were the obvious five to me. I don't think Lehner even gets tendered. Why would a goalie who saw no trade on even a limited trade get play this off season. Let him go and find a more even keel option. There are possibilities like Bogosian if he's attached on O'Reilly depending on the team and salary structure of the deal. There could be a sniff at Ristolainen, but for all intensive purposes these are the guys I feel are most likely dealt. Okposo with a limited NMC coming off a terrible season needs time to re-develop value. A full off season where he can get back to skating and doing his normal work out routine should help him. They do need to make a massive shake up in the room. So it wouldn't surprise me personally if there were more names moved out. Bailey seems like the one younger piece outside of possibly Nylander (if we're trading upside for upside).

UnleashRasmus

Rasmus has gone Super Saiyan VI!
Apr 15, 2012
Nashville Tennessee

I don't see anyone wanting Beaulieu and honestly I was semi excited to get his speed and puck movement into the teams system. However, as most Habs fans warned, he's a barn fire. I want Bogosian to be free of all the cynicism that surrounds him and at the same time for the Sabres to be free of the financial burden. If we were able to move him for a similarly priced player at a different position it might be beneficial to both teams.

Reactions: Chainshot

Sabre Dance

Make Hockey Fun Again
Jul 27, 2006
Got it. Possibly a low pick with retained salary. He's no more than a 7 on an average team.

His value dropped off from last year a lot. Still has the skating and 1st round pedigree GMs fall for though. Also some toughness.

Yatzhee

Aug 5, 2010
Lehner, ROR and Girgs lead the pack after day 1 of voting. I've been on the trade ROR side of the fence, reluctantly. On one hand, his statements mid and end of season are a concern as well as the potential for return. On the other hand losing a player of his age and skill sets will most assuredly be noticeable short term. Tough call.

Girgs and Lehner are really no brainers.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Toulouse vs Montpellier
    Toulouse vs Montpellier
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $246.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Hoffenheim vs RB Leipzig
    Hoffenheim vs RB Leipzig
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $8,351.00