Step Right Up & Roll The Dice

Who is getting traded?

• Total voters

Yatzhee

Aug 5, 2010
With end of season comments from Jason Botterill forcefully indicating change has to occur, certain players refraining from tournaments to focus on the problem here in Buffalo and rumblings from hockey media members of the current "core" may move, the time has come to pick your poison.

Who moves, when and your opinion on returns. The poll goes up, the thread is now open, please vote on who is getting moved, your reasoning and return expectation.

Last edited:

Yatzhee

Aug 5, 2010
Like many others, I believe Lehner is gone.
McCabe is odd man out, much greater competition on the left now.
Girgensons, just a gut feeling, but he's gone.
Bailey, odd man out between him and Baptiste.

GarryMc

Apr 17, 2018
Ryan O'Reilly
2sOCImb

2xUiyvG

Yatzhee

Aug 5, 2010
Voted for: Girgs, Larsson, McCabe, Beaulieu, Lehner

Because those are the guys we SHOULD be shopping
I agree. Although I omitted Larsson from my choices given I believe Botterill keeps him.

haseoke39

Mar 29, 2011
ROR
McCabe
Girgensons
Lehner
Reinhart
Okposo

I'll say he makes two blockbusters, one at the draft, and one in mid-July, what the hell.

Shootica

Jan 17, 2013
Utica, NY
Voted McCabe, Girgensons, Larsson, and Bailey.

Feel like McCabe gets traded for wing help. Girgs and Larsson get shipped out as part of an effort to change the culture. And Bailey is used as a throw-ins somewhere to give him a fresh start and because he's redundant with Baptiste. I would add Beaulieu but I don't think there's any market for him. I see him simply getting waived at some point to make way for Guhle or Pilut.

Yatzhee

Aug 5, 2010
Early voting on day 1 of the poll has a varying array of choices, but 2 standouts are leading the pack currently, Girgenson and Lehner. Interesting indeed.
Keep those votes coming Sabres fan, Day 7, next Saturday, we'll get a real feel for the fans choices as more chime in through out the week. I'll keep bumping if it drops, should be a generic table for HF board members on certain players at least. And if your reading this as a guest but are a Sabres fan, join up just to vote...…….:) The more the merrier :D

Ace

Oct 29, 2015
I included Lehner but I don’t actually think he will be traded. Who would want to have to guarantee paying him at least 4 something when they can sign him for less when we don’t qualify him.

Yatzhee

Aug 5, 2010
I included Lehner but I don’t actually think he will be traded. Who would want to have to guarantee paying him at least 4 something when they can sign him for less when we don’t qualify him.
Maybe someone wants a shot at working a deal with him before he becomes a FA? :dunno:

Yatzhee

Aug 5, 2010
Marcus Scandella

:skeptic:
lol, I was typing quick through Nathan and Marco's names, I fubared'em, and now, can't quite edit them. lol, I had to ask Middlestadt to fix it for me on Nathan's name.
Hey, it's dad's day, I've had a couple at the bbq :P so sue me :D

Icicle

Think big
Oct 16, 2005
Didn’t vote Lehner because I can’t imagine any team who would think he’s worth his qualifying offer. But he better be gone.

As much as I don’t want Larsson still around, I bet he stays. Girgensons is really a change of scenery player though and if Botterill is going to go big with a shake up I’d imagine es involved.

BuiltTagonTough

Stand still laddy!
Jul 2, 2009
Buffalo
Girgensons, Lehner, Beaulieu, Bogosian.

Not holding my breath on Bogo or Beau but it would just make my year to see them healthy, happy, and away from my team.

hizzoner

Sponsor
Jun 19, 2006
I keep hoping Bogosian can return to the level of play we saw when he came to the team - and he needs to be physically fit to do it. Bailey and Baptiste do not seem to stay healthy long enough to get a really good read on them--can they play a regular bottom six role or do we just get the occasional flash of hockey highlight and then blah? Have Larsson and Girgensons shown us what they are capable of? If so I cannot see keeping them too much longer. Lehner should be gone--just too many bad goals at key times even though on paper you could argue he is indeed a capable nhl goalie. I think McCabe can be rehabilitated and ought to be given a chance to do so. Beaulieu--just did not live up to what I hoped we traded for him. It is so frustrating trying to see who might be a good nhler if allowed to play within his own limitations instead of always trying to do too much to cover for other mistakes.

SundherDome

Y'all have to much power
Jul 6, 2009
Minneapolis,MN
Im confused at why people are thinking Robin needs to be tendered. We could trade his rights and the other team could sign him before next Monday.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad