Confirmed with Link: Stempniak signs per strickland

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
What was Zubrus salary again? :D

As much as I was hoping not to talk about him anymore, this was the reason I wanted him gone. Not because we needed his cap space and to replace him with a player that made as much as him, but because we needed his roster spot and he could likely be replaced with an equal player to him at this stage at league minimum, or a player better than him for much less than what he was making.

And Shero apparently thought the same thing. He saw things exactly the way I saw them regarding Zubrus.

I wish him luck, but he'd certainly be the worst forward on our roster right now. And it isn't even close really.

Hockey Sports Fan

Registered Loser
Sponsor
Jun 30, 2010
Connecticut
Stempniak, Tlusty, and Palmieri combined are gonna make almost an identical amount to what the Devils are going to pay Zubrus this year. Ray's been making some incredibly shrewd moves so far. Stempniak should be a good stopgap for a year or two, and I like that this signing shows that winning is still Ray's priority this season.

MichaelJ

May 20, 2013
Stempniak, Tlusty, and Palmieri combined are gonna make almost an identical amount to what the Devils are going to pay Zubrus this year. Ray's been making some incredibly shrewd moves so far. Stempniak should be a good stopgap for a year or two, and I like that this signing shows that winning is still Ray's priority this season.

All great points.

captainscott

Nov 5, 2007

they had no choice but to get rid of him... eliminating another roster spot would have been a huge detriment to the rebuild... just for viewing pleasure alone it was worth something to the organization... i know i am more excited to attend games this year than i have been past season or two... i purchased the flex membership because even if they are not making the playoffs there is a reason to go to games to see speed and excitement.... the reason we go watch the sport, especially if the wins don't come with it. i can stand slow boring winning hockey but not if they are losing to boot

njdevil26

I hate avocados
Dec 13, 2006
Clark, NJ
Also want to point out another sign of the times as the official Devils Twitter account posted the amount of money in the deal.

DevRickus

Damon Severson Fan Club President
Apr 10, 2007
Boonton, NJ
If Shero can deal Stempniak and Tlusty for a 2nd each at the deadline I'll do backflips. If that's part of the planning, Shero gets another vote from me.

THIS!! It was the first thing I thought of with both signings. Low risk, HIGH Reward. If they play great and we make the playoffs, bonus. If they play great and we aren't quite there yet, trade them, draft picks, bonus. If they play poorly, they are 1 year deals at minimal money so we are good.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad