Confirmed with Link: Stempniak signs per strickland

Devilsfan992

Apr 14, 2012
Great! Hoping he can replace Bernier's production from last year and add some necessary speed as well.

Devilsfan992

Apr 14, 2012
Scratch him in as the 3rd Line RW, who can spot top 6 minutes if needed. Similar to Zubrus in his prime.

HenriquesJawLine

Mar 6, 2009
So it is possible that we bought two 2nd rounders for under $2 million. In the soccer world they call that a "good bit of business."

MichaelJ

May 20, 2013
So it is possible that we bought two 2nd rounders for under $2 million. In the soccer world they call that a "good bit of business."

If Shero can deal Stempniak and Tlusty for a 2nd each at the deadline I'll do backflips. If that's part of the planning, Shero gets another vote from me.

Eric Sachs

Jan 31, 2007
Just because it points to how much work was done this off-season..

Stempniak (32, signed for 1 year) is now the 3rd oldest player on the Devils' roster. Only Elias (39, signed for 1 year) and Cammalleri (33, signed for 4 years) are older.

Oh.. actually 4th if you count Jordin Tootoo (32, signed for 1 year) who was born two days before Stemp.

Eric Sachs

Jan 31, 2007
And given Elias will start the season on IR..

The Devils have no players older than 33 on their opening night roster.

That's after having 9 such players on the opening night roster last year:
Elias, Jagr, Havlat, Clowe, Ryder, Zubrus, Zidlicky, Salvador, Clemmenson

captainscott

Nov 5, 2007
And given Elias will start the season on IR..

The Devils have no players older than 33 on their opening night roster.

That's after having 9 such players on the opening night roster last year:
Elias, Jagr, Havlat, Clowe, Ryder, Zubrus, Zidlicky, Salvador, Clemmenson

so far i have liked everything these guys have done to this point. what's really interesting me at this point is sergei kalinin....i really like the way this guy plays

they have dramatically improved their 3rd and 4th lines from last season. the question will become if
henrique josefson camm zajac trusty palmari are good enough top 6 to make this team a playoff team

i feel our defense and goaltending and bottom 6 are more than adequate.

i think this team is going to be better than we think if we stay healthy.

Devilsgrl35

Feb 15, 2009
New York
Good news. He had a very good camp and played in all different situations. I was particularly impressed with him on the pk.

MartyOwns

thank you shero
Apr 1, 2007
another very very solid move by shero. and this is not some 39 year old vet with no options. it seems like with the more relaxed atmosphere, players WANT to be here...not always true under Lou, especially over the last few years.

step had a very solid preseason, and I'm sure he could've gotten a 2 year deal or a 1 year 1M deal elsewhere. anyway- awesome signing.

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
another very very solid move by shero. and this is not some 39 year old vet with no options. it seems like with the more relaxed atmosphere, players WANT to be here...not always true under Lou, especially over the last few years.

He also wanted to be here cause there's more of an opportunity to play in a top six or nine role, let's not completely gloss that over :laugh:

It's the same reason Jagr came here, instead of being a second/third liner elsewhere he could be a big man on campus here. Then when that got taken away from him he wanted out.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Toulouse vs Montpellier
    Toulouse vs Montpellier
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $246.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Hoffenheim vs RB Leipzig
    Hoffenheim vs RB Leipzig
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $8,351.00