Stefan Ruzicka

Status
Not open for further replies.

PhillyPhantoms

Just any information, opinions, ect. you have about the guy are greatly welcomed. Don't know too much about him, except that he is pretty skilled offensively.

Brock

Feb 27, 2002
The GTA
ohlprospects.blogspot.com
PhillyPhantoms said:
Just any information, opinions, ect. you have about the guy are greatly welcomed. Don't know too much about him, except that he is pretty skilled offensively.

Another excellent selection by the Flyers. Ruzicka is a terrific offensive player. He's a big body who is very strong on the puck and infront of the net, but he's not a power forward who goes around hitting people to bits. His skating is only average, which may hold him back a little at the professional level, but his offensive skills are top notch. I see him as a very good second line winger in the mold of a Glen Murray.

CanuckistanFlyerfan

May 10, 2005
I saw him play against the Colts towards the end of the regular season.He did nothing the first two periods.In the third he was set up in the slot and let go an NHL calibre shot that nobody around us even saw.On his next shift he threw a very nice check.He seems pretty hot and cold.

paxtang

May 1, 2003
Harrisburg
Leachmeister2000 said:
He's not that big, he's 5'11.

But he's very solidly built and hard to knock over.

Ruzicka has consitancy issues, if he can work on that year he's got a good shot at being a solid pro. He's got an NHL shot.

Blind Gardien

nexus of the crisis
Apr 2, 2004
Four Winds Bar
Ruzicka makes me think of the St. Louis Blues back around the year 2000 or so. He has approximately the build of a Pavol Demitra, and every now and then he has a burst of dynamicism that makes one think of a Demitra (if he was on the wing), although he's more of a shooter of course. And then more often he fades back into the woodwork a bit and shows up out of the shadows once in a while more like a Lubos Bartecko. He might be a bit more combative than those guys, but I would hold off on my judgement of that until I see how he stands up for himself in the pros.

I like him well enough and drafted him in my HFL, but I think he's a bit boom or bust for the NHL. He has the talent and shot to make it, but he needs to hustle more and like everybody else says work on his consistency. If he can do it, he might seem like a steal a la Demitra. If he can't, well... whatever happened to Bartecko anyway???? The Flyers might have room for that the way their future roster is shaping up for sure, but I think they'll also need a little bit of patience with his style, which I'm less sure they're likely to have. :dunno:

Roger's Pancreas*

Rosie has scored 34 and 37 goals consecutively while not even trying. His lack of interest might be because he feels heads and shoulders above the competition, which he isn't. Next year he'll probably be lacing up for the Phantoms so so he'll be put in a more competative atmosphere. If he responds, it'll be a steal.

PhillyPhantoms

Panasonic Youth said:
Rosie has scored 34 and 37 goals consecutively while not even trying. His lack of interest might be because he feels heads and shoulders above the competition, which he isn't. Next year he'll probably be lacing up for the Phantoms so so he'll be put in a more competative atmosphere. If he responds, it'll be a steal.

One can hope that will be the case

FlyersGuy69

Jul 9, 2002
purgatory
Visit site
Panasonic Youth said:
exactly.
I read an article on him earlier in the year and it said that he gets bored because of the competition. thats good as far as work ethic but its not because of his talent.

we will definitely find out what he has to offer when he plays for the Phantoms. if he can raise his game, he's going to be scary.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad