Recalled/Assigned: Stefan Elliott on 4/12

The Kingslayer

Aug 26, 2004
Siem Reap, Cambodia
The way I see it if Barries injury wasnt serious they would just play Wilson on D and call it a day especially for the last game of the season. Barrie most likely gone the 1st round if I were a betting man that be my guess.

Avs For Life

#92 #9 #29
Jul 4, 2012
Denver, CO
Well, they're still calling it an upper-body injury. Might not even be a concussion.

Im thinking shoulder or arm. When he got up from the hit he was holding one of his arms kinda funny. But then he came back in the first and played. It was after the first that they ruled him out. I still lean towards precaution or day to day.

Last edited:

JWK

Report Spam @JWK on Twitter Plz
Mar 27, 2010
Hopefully Elliott knows how to skate out of our own zone with the puck instead of firing around the boards to nobody.

Drury_Sakic

Jul 25, 2003
www.avalanchedb.com
I would actually play him with Holden.

It is counter intuitive, but playing with Holden was when/what brought Barrie out of his shell.

Hopefully this is just to fill a roster spot while a few guys just take it easy. There is no point to playing Barrie or Mitchell if they are even just a little iffy. Rest them now and give them 4-6 days off before the playoffs start.

frog

Apr 8, 2014
Canada
I think barrie is fine and for precautionary reasons there just resting him for the playoffs, plus maybe Elliott was brought up to rest another dman with a minor injury. Thinking that both Wilson and Elliott are playing sunday

Foppa2118

Oct 3, 2003
Lets not act like Barrie is all that great.

Interested to see what Roy and Tourigny can do with Elliott.

Yea, since we haven't seen Elliott all year against NHLers, we don't really know how close he is in terms of devensive zone play to Barrie. He might not be that far off, if at all.

In fact the last time both were on the team, I thought Elliott looked more solid, for lack of a better term. Barrie has improved a fair amount since then though.

the_fan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2006
TIme for Elliott to pull a Torey Krug. I have faith. I just hope ELliott is put in the right situation. PLay him with someone who plays a little bit of D and give him top unit PP time.

In order to put Elliott with someone who plays d they have to separate Hejda and Johnson because those are the only 2 that actually play D

AVSfan2daMAX

Nov 24, 2006
If Elliot does get a shot, I hope he makes the most of if. It's coming close to the put up or shut up time for him with this organisation. Next seasons training camp will be huge for him, so hopefully he can at least show some promise during this call up, if called upon.

the_fan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2006
Yea, since we haven't seen Elliott all year against NHLers, we don't really know how close he is in terms of devensive zone play to Barrie. He might not be that far off, if at all.

In fact the last time both were on the team, I thought Elliott looked more solid, for lack of a better term. Barrie has improved a fair amount since then though.

Unless Elliott greatly improved his defensive game he is much worse than Barrie back there.

tigervixxxen

Optimism=Delusional
Jul 7, 2013
Denver
burgundy-review.com
If Elliot does get a shot, I hope he makes the most of if. It's coming close to the put up or shut up time for him with this organisation. Next seasons training camp will be huge for him, so hopefully he can at least show some promise during this call up, if called upon.

I think they have to decide before then. They can't give him a contract and not know.

JWK

Report Spam @JWK on Twitter Plz
Mar 27, 2010
I missed this, hopefully we get to see it more. Versus!!

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2012
From what I have seen of the second half of the season, Elliott has looked very good in Lake Erie. He has improved defensively and is play the best he has ever played on the AHL level. Hopefully he can earn a chance and his improvement translates. This is a huge opportunity for him to show Roy what he can do.

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
This should be interesting. I haven't seen him play since the last time he played for the Avs but he was very weak back then. It's good to hear that he has improved a lot in the AHL but the NHL is completely different and teams take the physical play to another level in the playoffs. I hope he's ready for it if he has to play in the playoffs.

I'll take a weak and inexperienced Elliott over Wilson though. At least Elliott can skate and pass.

Drury_Sakic

Jul 25, 2003
www.avalanchedb.com

I think this is is last shot with the Avs. I would be shocked if he was not traded in a deal this summer, even if it is for another prospect that is not meeting expectations.

He either shows some flashes and gets another shot at making the club over the summer and in camp, or he flounders and is done with the club.

Foppa2118

Oct 3, 2003
I missed this, hopefully we get to see it more. Versus!!

Those first couple wrist shots he scored were shots that very few players in the NHL can make. His wrist shot is like a haymaker.

Lonewolfe2015

Rom Com Male Lead
Sponsor
Dec 2, 2007
Exciting. Unfortunately it is because of an injury.

Really hope Barrie gets healthy. I'm sick and tired of the Sharks injuring our players.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad