Speculation: Steen's next contract

MedicBluesFan443

Nov 15, 2010
New Haven MO.
If he resigns here it will be for something like 6 for 26 or 5 for 25. If he hits the market Im betting he gets 6 and 40. I really really do not want to see the Blues loose out on Steen so I pray to god he takes a reasonable raise and stays.

Alklha

Sep 7, 2011
If he resigns here it will be for something like 6 for 26 or 5 for 25. If he hits the market Im betting he gets 6 and 40. I really really do not want to see the Blues loose out on Steen so I pray to god he takes a reasonable raise and stays.

Depending on term, anything under $5.5m is fine. Steen as a 60 point player on this team is worth $5.5m.

I was reading about the cap earlier today, and a change in the CBA now means that the new Canadian TV deal will be included in next seasons cap total. That plus the outdoor games and the general growth the NHL is seeing, the cap could be close to $75m next season. Prayers salary expectations are going to be going up...

jarmoismyhero

Mar 18, 2012
St. Louis
Depending on term, anything under $5.5m is fine. Steen as a 60 point player on this team is worth $5.5m.

I was reading about the cap earlier today, and a change in the CBA now means that the new Canadian TV deal will be included in next seasons cap total. That plus the outdoor games and the general growth the NHL is seeing, the cap could be close to $75m next season. Prayers salary expectations are going to be going up...

Next summer Blues will be trading Stewart so I would use that extra money to sign Steen and then get a goalie.

I should say that they should trade Stewart.

The Note in MI

Bow to the pyramid
Aug 21, 2013
Muskegon, MI
Lou Korac ‏@lkorac10 3m
RT @StLouisBlues: BREAKING: Alexander Steen (@steener20) has agreed to a three-year extension worth $17.4 million. I-- #stlblues

Whats that 3 x 5.8 ish

Kinda surprised he got them to 5.8 this early in the season.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad