Steen-Bozak-Soshnikov 3rd line in St. Louis

TakeTheBody

Jan 10, 2018
I kind of get a chuckle that there was always this Bozak v.s. Kadri discussion and right now they're 2.36 and 2.32 points per minute.
Both have been on the ice for 19 of their team's goals for. Kadri has been on for 15 against while Bozak has been on for 17.
Although Bozak is spending 1:36/game of that penalty-killing as well. They both have 8 Takeaways, although Bozak has only 3 Giveaways
while Kadri has 13. Kadri has done well this season closing the gap on face-offs. Right now according to many Leaf fans,
Kadri at $4.5 million is the best deal ever, while UFA Bozak at $5 million is a horrible value. :oops:

Having Bozak love is fine. He was a solid Leaf. Not at the expense of Naz though. Back to back 30 goal seasons and matches up often against the other teams best line in those two seasons. Please......

The Apologist

Apologizing for Leaf garbage since 1979
Oct 16, 2007
Leaf Nation Hell
I think he’s too old for where we want to go.

That said, 10 points in 15 games reminds me of a player we have on the roster.
I tend to agree on the age thing however still think he is one of those vets and 'examples' you want on your team for the kids. Also would have been nice to see him rewarded for all the garbage years he spent here.

But yeah, Bozak equals pure evil, useless player and all that good stuff.

And really? Did you have to go there? There goes the thread.

Pookie

Wear a mask
Oct 23, 2013
I tend to agree on the age thing however still think he is one of those vets and 'examples' you want on your team for the kids. Also would have been nice to see him rewarded for all the garbage years he spent here.

But yeah, Bozak equals pure evil, useless player and all that good stuff.

And really? Did you have to go there? There goes the thread.

I put the majority of the gang on ignore. It’s actually a more pleasant experience. I don’t think the thread is in any danger

indigobuffalo

Portage and Main
Feb 10, 2011
Winnipeg MB
It’s hard to imagine a timeline where Steen - Bozak - Soshnikov are all here at the same time.

Burke knew he was coming to Toronto and we can speculate that he was giving some degree of instruction to Fletcher. Sending Steen (a Sfede) and Colaiacovo to St Louis for Stempniak (an American).

Dangle had a good article on it here, although I think he missed the anti-European connection.

That was one of Burke’s greatest flaws. He did not like the Europeans. Particularly ruskies.

When he took over the TMLs, the team had an above league average European to North-American ratio. When he was sacked they were near the bottom.

So, without Burke sure, we’d still have Steen. But the problem then is do the Leafs get Bozak. Probably not. Burke was instrumental in bringing in Bozak, as he had depleted the prospect pool getting rid of Europeans and needed to find players to fill the ranks elsewhere. The proverbial “free wallets”.

It’s hard to see Ferguson (had he been retained) trying hard enough to get Bozak.

And certainly, no chance Burke would’ve sign Soshnikov. That had Shanahan all over it. Shanahan has a lot of contacts in Russia (notably a certain GM named Federov) and has maintained that Russian talent is more important now than ever. The Leafs were a very close second in acquiring Artemi Panarin, but managed to land Soshnikov, Zaitsev, Ozhiganov, and more are likely to come.

It’s possible that Ferguson would’ve also gone after Russian talent, so maybe he could’ve signed Soshnikov.

But yeah, not very likely that all these players be here at one time.

moon111

Oct 18, 2014
Are you only going to blab about the some metrics or are you going to use all the metrics?
Kadri: CF% 51
Blowzak: 48%

lets talk after the 82 games are done.

Meanwhile just compare the career stats okay smart guy.....

Kadri: 505 Games 324 points 0.64 ppg (most of the career spend with komarov, santorelli, winnik and PP2)
after babcock came in took on hard assignments and still put up numbers

Blowzak: 609 games 375 points 0.61 ppg (most of the career spent with Kessel elite talent and PP1)
after babcock came in was sheltered like a child and still sucked ass

GTFO with Kadri hate

I'm too old to be a 'fan-boy' of any NHL player. If I was stuck in an elevator with Matthews? I might say
hello, but if my table was next to his in a restaurant? I'd leave him alone. You can trade Matthews,
Nylander, Marner, Rielly, etc... I don't care as long as it's a good deal for my team. Do I think the Leafs
possibly beat Boston in 2012 with Bozak in the line-up? Yes. But think Kadri would of been equally missed.
Alway thought they had similar value. So to come here and compare him to Kadri isn't hate.
In fact, the only hatred I've ever seen here comes from Kadri fan-boys, who can often be quite polarizing...
like your reply was. Kadri has spent a lot of time with other wingers like Frattin, Joey Crabb... and also guys
like MacArthur, Kulemin, and Lupul. You put Corsi stuff out there. But it doesn't measure quality of shots.
Doesn't use PP or Sh time. That's more then a 1/4 of Bozak's usage right there. Also add in that Bozak gets
slightly less offensive zone starts against slightly better opposition. And one could say the Leafs are a better
club as well. Think about it, Ron Hainsey would be their highest scoring defenseman.
One again, it's really splitting hairs.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad