Statsny injured?

KirkOut

EveryoneOut
Nov 23, 2012
USA
If anyone says anything to the effect of "at least we're getting the injuries out of the way early" , you will be voted off the HFBlues island

Linkens Mastery

Conductor of the TankTown Express
Jan 15, 2014
Hyrule
If anyone says anything to the effect of "at least we're getting the injuries out of the way early" , you will be voted off the HFBlues island

when-culling-meme-generator-you-are-the-weakest-link-goobye-37b83b-300x225.jpg

Borderbluesfan

Nov 14, 2011
Columbia, Missouri

I wanted to say it, but I am glad you warned me, :sarcasm:. I would like to think that most of the injuries are just small injuries that won't keep Shattenkirk and Stastny out too long. Fabbri concussion is more of a concern, you never know how long concussion symptoms will last. I remember Perron out for quite a while trying to get past his concussion.

2018-19 Cup Champs!
Mar 22, 2012
Lost so much skill already with Fabbri, Stastny, and Shattenkirk injured. Gotta keep winning. Nobody is going to feel sorry for us. Big game tomorrow.

Borderbluesfan

Nov 14, 2011
Columbia, Missouri
Is it just me?? Or does anyone else think we need to dress our most physical, nastiest team against the Jets??? We need Reaves, Bortuzzo, Edmundson, and every Blue that will play physical. Jets played fast and physical last year.

Majorityof1

Mar 6, 2014
Central Florida
Is it just me?? Or does anyone else think we need to dress our most physical, nastiest team against the Jets??? We need Reaves, Bortuzzo, Edmundson, and every Blue that will play physical. Jets played fast and physical last year.

At this point I doubt we have much choice. They haven't called anybody up that I know. Not sure if they can get someone to Winnipeg in the morning fast enough for them to play that night. The only "healthy" scratch they have is Butler. So who gets dressed is kind of determined by injuries, if Stasny isn't healthy enough to go.

Borderbluesfan

Nov 14, 2011
Columbia, Missouri
At this point I doubt we have much choice. They haven't called anybody up that I know. Not sure if they can get someone to Winnipeg in the morning fast enough for them to play that night. The only "healthy" scratch they have is Butler. So who gets dressed is kind of determined by injuries, if Stasny isn't healthy enough to go.

Reports are saying that Stastny has already been sent back to St. Louis. Sounds like Gomez, Upshall on offensive lines. In this game with Winnipeg, would probably prefer Bortuzzo over Butler. Haven't heard if Reaves is 100% or whether he has had a nagging injury, he hasn't looked as good as last year.

Vincenzo Arelliti

He Can't Play Center
Oct 13, 2014
Lisle, IL

Chris "Serving You Dangles" Butler.

Get ready for a goal.

(insert Fred Murtz Butler goal against Colorado here)

Majorityof1

Mar 6, 2014
Central Florida
Reports are saying that Stastny has already been sent back to St. Louis. Sounds like Gomez, Upshall on offensive lines. In this game with Winnipeg, would probably prefer Bortuzzo over Butler. Haven't heard if Reaves is 100% or whether he has had a nagging injury, he hasn't looked as good as last year.

Reaves might have a nagging injury but he will play. Kind of has to. We only have the 12 forwards. I meant that for tonight's game, Butler will probably be the lone healthy scratch. So yea, Bortuzzo over Butler with Reaves sliding in as 12th forward.

Lines maybe:

Steen Lehtera Tank
Schwartz Backes Brouwer
Jaskin Gomez Upshall (poor Jaskin)
Ott Brodziak Reaves

Jbo Petro
Gunnar Parayko
Edmundson Bortz

Butler scratched.

carter333167

Apr 24, 2013
I wonder why NHL teams are so cryptic about injury information. Surely they know the extent of Stas' injury at this point but they don't release information.

They don't have to even tell us the injury location but a projected return date would be nice.

bleedblue1223

Jan 21, 2011
I wonder why NHL teams are so cryptic about injury information. Surely they know the extent of Stas' injury at this point but they don't release information.

They don't have to even tell us the injury location but a projected return date would be nice.

Protects the players from the opposition. If it's just a minor injury and you can conceal the injury, then it's in your best interest to conceal it.

Say someone has a badly bruised shoulder, if they release that information, guess where the opposition is going to hit that player every chance they get.

NFL is different, but lets be realistic, if it wasn't for fantasy football, they'd be just like the NHL with upper-body and lower-body.

carter333167

Apr 24, 2013
Protects the players from the opposition. If it's just a minor injury and you can conceal the injury, then it's in your best interest to conceal it.

Say someone has a badly bruised shoulder, if they release that information, guess where the opposition is going to hit that player every chance they get.

NFL is different, but lets be realistic, if it wasn't for fantasy football, they'd be just like the NHL with upper-body and lower-body.

I don't disagree about the injury location...would just appreciate an anticipated return date...is it a week, a month or several months?

bleedblue1223

Jan 21, 2011
I don't disagree about the injury location...would just appreciate an anticipated return date...is it a week, a month or several months?

They probably don't know. The only injuries that have a pretty set timetable, are the long-term injuries that require surgery. The injuries that just require rest and rehab, you won't know when they are healed until they are actually healed.

That's why we hear the cryptic day-to-day or week-to-week.

Robb_K

Apr 26, 2007
NordHolandNethrlands
They probably don't know. The only injuries that have a pretty set timetable, are the long-term injuries that require surgery. The injuries that just require rest and rehab, you won't know when they are healed until they are actually healed.

That's why we hear the cryptic day-to-day or week-to-week.

You would think that if they've seen X-rays, and know whether or not there's a major break (not likely at all), minor fracture or hairline fracture, or ligament problems, they could, at least, provide a "minimum time out" (e.g. saying "he'll be out at LEAST........).

Dbrownss

Jan 5, 2014
They ain't saying shit lol. They act like they don't even have phones to see how Fabbri and Stastny are doing. It's always been "we'll see how they are when we get back"

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad