Statsny injured?

Vincenzo Arelliti

He Can't Play Center
Oct 13, 2014
Lisle, IL
I didnt see him make a shift in the third.. Any news if this is serious?

The good news is that it's probably not his shoulder, like last year. If he's out, he should be able to come back in mid-season form without taking too long to adapt.

The bad news is that without Berglund, Stastny, Fabbri, and Shattenkirk, we're going to be depleting out depth and running Gomez and/or Brodziak up the lineup. Lehtera should get a boost in points though if he can handle the top line minutes better than he did last year.

STL fan in MN

Aug 16, 2007
Hitch said he'll be reevaluated tomorrow. Hopefully he's fine. Still, if there was no doubt, Hitch would've just brushed off the question and said he was fine. He didn't. Also, Stastny took a twirl on the ice as the teams came out for the 3rd and went back to the locker room. I hope it's nothing but I'm a little concerned he may have fractured his foot.

Ranksu

Crotch Academy ftw
Sponsor
Apr 28, 2014
Lapland
So would this mean in Hitch's papers. Gomez goes 1c or 2c?

I would play these lines if Stastny is out.

Code:
Schwartz - Lehterä - Tarasenko
Steen - Backes - Brouwer
Upshall - Gomez - Jaskin
Ott - Brodziak - Reaves

Jbo - Pietro
Gunnar - Parayko
Edmundson - Bortuzzo

Or they call up fly quickly Rattie from Chicago if Reaves is also injuried.

Last edited:

Linkens Mastery

Conductor of the TankTown Express
Jan 15, 2014
Hyrule
Seeing how he came out and skated a lap around the ice before going back, I don't this this is serious, more of a "I'm fine to play if this was playoff time, but we have a lead, so I'm gonna rest" injury. .

Dbrownss

Jan 5, 2014
Well there ya go....Stastny out too.

Anybody still think we should trade Backes?

Schwartz Lehterä Tarasenko
Steen Backes Brouwer
Upshall Gomez Jaskin
Ott Brodziak Reaves

Waka waka....

Apr 30, 2012
St. Louis, MO
I'd actually like to see them keep Lehtera with Schwartz and Brouwer. That line has been good so far. Move Backes up with Steen and Tarasenko and let Gomez handle the third line.

Edit: since he's out for the remainder of the road trip I think it's safe to say it's a broken foot.

Last edited:

LGB51

2019 STANLEY CUP CHAMPION ST. LOUIS BLUES!
Oct 9, 2013
Arcola, IL
******bitch! A 3rd key player goes down for who knows how long in just 5 games played. We need to purchase a protective force-field for STL line, Pietro & Steen before our entire core is destroyed. Wasn't it 5 games in last year (after a real good start by Paul then as well) when Stastny was sidelined with a serious injury that he never really recovered from after finally returning?

Dbrownss

Jan 5, 2014
Idk about broken foot, when they showed the replay he didn't even really react. At least that's what I'm telling me self. :(

taylord22

Mar 30, 2009
Lets hope for a micro fracture and not a complete break -- that's the difference between 2 weeks and 8-10.

Mike Liut

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 12, 2008
Every St.Louis team recently has been killed with injuries

Cards- Waino, Adams, Holliday, Molina, Grichuk
Rams - Ogltree, Gaines, Saffold, Bradford (2 previous years), Long
Blues - Fabbri, Shatty, Stas

I'm sure it happens to every team, but it really takes some of the fun out of it.

Oberyn

Prince of Dorne
Mar 27, 2011
Another injury to begin the season for Stastny after a solid start, hopefully this doesn't slow him down like it did last year.

rumrokh

THORBS
Mar 10, 2006
Ugh. He was playing some great hockey, too. It definitely won't impact his game like a shoulder injury can, but I was really enjoying watching him. As long as he's back to form by Christmas, they'll have plenty of time to evaluate the team properly for deadline moves.

BlueDream

Aug 30, 2011
Yeah feel bad for Stastny and the team here. Hopefully between Shattenkirk, Stastny and Fabbri, they can get 2 of these guys back by the end of the month. That's what I'm hoping for. Staz was really playing well but I guess now's the time to get the injury out of the way.

The Gomez signing does look pretty damn good now, I'll admit. He's not great, but we could probably do worse for the 3rd line center. We may have to grind out some wins but now's the time for guys like Gomez, Upshall and Bortuzzo to show what they've got. They will get plenty of minutes and we need our depth to come through. This isn't even mentioning guys like Backes and Jaskin who have been very quiet so far, but we're going to need some offense out of them.

Robb_K

Apr 26, 2007
NordHolandNethrlands
lol at you guys panicking like he will be out for a long time, he will likely miss only one week max.

I think it may be just a bone bruise. If it were a serious fracture, they'd likely have given a more precise "out AT LEAST" date. The fact that the out at least is only 2 games, and also coincides with the remaining road trip games gives me hope.

Linkens Mastery

Conductor of the TankTown Express
Jan 15, 2014
Hyrule
Hopefully it's just a stinger that the coaches are like "Well, we only have 2 games left on the road trip, go home and rest, see you in a few days"

2 Minute Minor

Hi Keeba!
Jun 3, 2008
Temple, Texas
I think it may be just a bone bruise. If it were a serious fracture, they'd likely have given a more precise "out AT LEAST" date. The fact that the out at least is only 2 games, and also coincides with the remaining road trip games gives me hope.

This is my guess, too. Bone bruise or fracture that does not affect weight-bearing. (By the way, I've no idea what a "micro-fracture" is supposed to be. I don't think that's really a thing in medicine.)

He could probably play through it, but why? I bet he plays in the next home game.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad