Stats at the break

vjcsmoke

Jun 29, 2011
Great overall stats. I must say the Bruins are impressive again this year. Their offseason acquisitions plus the maturation of younger players seems to all be coming along.

For example Iginla is finally starting to look like a sniper. Marchand is scorching hot and has his scoring touch again. Remember the 'trade Marchy' thread? Go ahead step forward and give us your mea culpa if you were banging the drums to trade Marchy.

Smith has simply been a revelation, he has been good on every line he was on and brings the Marchy Bergeron line an additional passer, scorer, and generally skilled player. Amazing what this kid is doing at 22 years of age.

The third line still remains my concern. I think we can upgrade on Kelly and then bump him down to the 4th. And of course I'm worried about losing Seidenberg. We need to get one more solid veteran defenseman in the top 4 mix. But otherwise this team looks on track to make some SERIOUS NOISE in the playoffs! :)

Oh and before we take him for granted, Thank you Tuuka Rask! For being worth every penny we paid so far. He's our rock in the net.

Caper Bruins fan

Dec 4, 2011
Cape Breton
I said before the season started, that I felt this was the best group of forwards that I think I've ever seen assembled since I became a Bruins fan in the late 80's.

That was before Smith proved to be worthy of a top-six role and before Soderberg showed how he can really shine (at center ice). And you know what? I still think there's room for improvement. Eriksson has yet to show what he can really do and the fourth line has been curiously sluggish at times.

I think the Bruins as constructed are the best team in the East... But I don't think they seriously contend for the Cup until a change or two is made on the blueline. We require more veteran presence for the back end.

It's a tough call for PC.I know I didn't expect Miller and Bart to be playing as well as they have.I agree though,we do need a veteran D and another depth forward for the bottom 6.I think this team is going to be a very hard team to put down and can't see anybody in the East beating the Bruins in a 7 game series.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad