Stats 8 Games In...

Apple Juice

Oct 13, 2008
Vancouver
I'd honestly keep Higgins over Raymond. Higgins is a better asset than Raymond... Only thing Raymond has an advantage is his speed but I value Higgins higher than Raymond.

Jyrki

Benning has been purged! VANmen!
May 24, 2011
溫哥華
Faceoff stats are pretty crappy, that's what stands out to me.

Malhotra doing his thing, Henrik slightly subpar, Lappy quite poor, Schroeder is a rookie, Burrows isn't a natural C.

I wouldn't be too concerned, the team will pick it up as the season goes on.

Tiranis

Jun 10, 2009
Toronto, ON
Malhotra doing his thing, Henrik slightly subpar, Lappy quite poor, Schroeder is a rookie, Burrows isn't a natural C.

I wouldn't be too concerned, the team will pick it up as the season goes on.

Also can't forget that one good game can sway these stats really easily. Schroeder and Burrows just need one good game to be above 50% again. Small sample size and all that.

Tim McCracken

Good loser = LOSER!
Jan 4, 2010
Jail
Alex Edler 7th in Defenseman, one behind Norris Trophy Winner Erik Karlsoon

nice to see hamhuis has some point but our forwards need to be better.......what is wrong with burrows......have been really quiet

Burrows is playing out of position and with two 3rd liners. Next to Kassian, he's arguably been their best all around forward.

Hyack57

Aug 6, 2004
Airdrie, AB
My thoughts are that Edler and Hamhuis combine for 12 out of the 14 points from the blue line.

Interesting when you consider how much criticism these two have taken over the past few weeks.

Also interesting to see that Garrison is tied for the team lead in +/-

Sami Salo was/is leading the NHL in +/- for what it's worth. ;-)

Scurr

Jun 25, 2009
Whalley
That's what really worries me. Both our goalies are playing so well, and we're still not winning a lot of games. We can't expect Luongo and Schneider to bail us out every single night.

We're on pace for 100+ points in 82 games... how many more wins should we have?

Bougieman

Nov 12, 2008
Vancouver
The media seems to want us to be all concerned about the goaltending situation (talk about a non-issue so far), but what I've been a little worried about is the powerplay and the overall lack of scoring.

Just to put it in perspective: We don't have a single player in the top 70 point-getters in the NHL at the moment, and Edler is leading the team in scoring. If it weren't for Kassian, a guy no one expected to do anything -- we'd be totally sunk 8 games in, and worried about making the playoffs. As it is, we're doing fine in the standings, but that lingering concern about scoring is still there for me.

Sure sure, I know Kes and Booth are out... but still. This isn't a one line team. That shouldn't effect our scoring as much as it has.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad