Stats 8 Games In...

solitary

Mar 30, 2009
u8OSAvS.png

Thoughts? I like how Edler and Kassian are leading the team in points and goals.

Bieksa#3

Mar 2, 2007
I'm happy Edler putting up points but I rather he not suck defensively. He's been pretty bad in that regard all year so far

StringerBell

How is Henrik +3 and Daniel -1? Little brother really needs to learn how to backcheck already.

BrandonL

Jun 18, 2012
My thoughts are that Edler and Hamhuis combine for 12 out of the 14 points from the blue line.

Interesting when you consider how much criticism these two have taken over the past few weeks.

Also interesting to see that Garrison is tied for the team lead in +/-

CCF23

Jul 11, 2008
Richmond, BC
Sedins, Burrows, and Higgins need to produce more. Edler is a bonafide elite point producing D man (not just an observation on this year, but the last couple years rolling into this year).

thecupismine

Apr 1, 2007
Henrik and Daniel are playing okay, but their production could be a lot better. A lot of the forwards need to start putting the puck in the net. At the moment Hansen, Higgins, Henrik, Schroeder, and Weise make up 5 of our 9 top 9 forwards and each of them is without a goal. Kassian has been a beast, but there's no way he can continue to mask the rest of the forwards problems for long. Having Kesler and Booth get back will definitely be helpful and will free some guys up from their current matchups, but in the mean time a lot of the forwards need to pick their game up.

timw33

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 18, 2007
Victoria
Would like to see Ballard/Bieksa/Garrison have at least 3-4 points between them by this stage.

Secondary scoring is lacking and that is not a surprise at all.

nucksfan8888

Aug 9, 2006
How is Henrik +3 and Daniel -1? Little brother really needs to learn how to backcheck already.

LOL they haven't played apart at all this season, this is just as simple as 1 of them stepping onto the ice as a goal is being scored for them or against. That and or being caught on a icing halfway through a line change(anyone with better memory than me remember this happening at all?) and there's no back checking there anyways lol.

As for the stats, Edler is a pleasant suprise, I think he will cool down a bit, but at the same time I think he can be 60 pt defencemen in a full season.

Kassian's goals and assists should balance out and ppg will probably drop so I would say he is a nice suprise so far. Same with Hamhuis. If these two keep it up though it would be awesome to say the least, with Hamhuis' defence if he posted a season with .75 ppg (50 points over 82 games) he would safely be in #1 defencemen category. If Kassian keeps it up his ppg would prorate to a 60 point season, and safe to say with the policeman aura and size that makes so much space, he would be the perfect player for this top 6.

Burrows, Hansen and Raymond are right where they should be, especially considering the roles they've been given. Raymond is playing with a rookie and Weise while Burrows is playing center for the first time ever(he hasn't looked out of place for the most part though) and Hansen is getting no pp time and is playing with a useless Higgins, and a center who is new to the position.

Sedins are fine, they'll pick up they always do.

Higgins is suprising, thought he would have no points.

Bieksa, Garrison, and Ballard having 1 point and over 30 penalty minutes between them concerns me.

Last edited:

canuck4life16

It what it is-mccann
May 29, 2008
Vancity
Alex Edler 7th in Defenseman, one behind Norris Trophy Winner Erik Karlsoon

nice to see hamhuis has some point but our forwards need to be better.......what is wrong with burrows......have been really quiet

PG Canuck

Mar 29, 2010
Alex Edler 7th in Defenseman, one behind Norris Trophy Winner Erik Karlsoon

nice to see hamhuis has some point but our forwards need to be better.......what is wrong with burrows......have been really quiet

Playing center, especially when he hasn't done it at the NHL level, is a lot tougher to adjust to then playing on the wing. I think he's improving, but he has a lot of responsibility on his back right now while being a C.

SoggyBobcat

Mar 30, 2007
Surrey, B.C.
Malhotra the only regular face-off man above fifty percent (64.5%). Everyone else: H. Sedin (48.8%), Lapierre (47.2%), Ebbett (44.4%), Schroeder (44.3%), and Burrows (39.3%).

Hammer79

Jan 9, 2009
Kelowna
Daniel and Henrik are slightly off their usual point-per-game pace. Raymond is off to a decent start, he may be able to make a case for a contract extension if he keeps this up. Malhotra is the only regular C above 50% in the face-off dot. Burrows is struggling with face-offs. Kassian is tearing it up, but he isn't going to be able to maintain a 29% shooting pct.

In net, Luongo's only weak game stat-wise was when he came in to relieve Schneider. Schneider's stats haven't been impressive, but with more ice time he'll bounce back. That terrible Anaheim start is still weighing down his stats.

Steve Bennett*

Related, according to nhl.com team stats the Canucks are ranked 20th in goals for at 2.38, and ranked 5th in goals against at 2.25. That is :amazed:

Never thought I'd see those stats for a Canucks team.

Bring back Kesler and Booth and that will go up a little but still, I think the team should do what it can to get a bonified top 6 scorer before heading into the playoffs.

Apple Juice

Oct 13, 2008
Vancouver
Higgins off to an unusual slow start.. It is a concern that we're not scoring as much but we've got to remember that once we're around the 25-30 game mark, we'll be in much better shape in terms of mid season form and we'll see the team dominate again

Hammer79

Jan 9, 2009
Kelowna
Higgins off to an unusual slow start.. It is a concern that we're not scoring as much but we've got to remember that once we're around the 25-30 game mark, we'll be in much better shape in terms of mid season form and we'll see the team dominate again

Higgins will need to pick it up, he's competing for the third line LW spot against Raymond as soon as Booth gets back, and for a contract next year. It might come down to either him or Raymond getting re-signed here.

chopkins

Super Bowl Champs
Aug 7, 2009
Vancouver
Related, according to nhl.com team stats the Canucks are ranked 20th in goals for at 2.38, and ranked 5th in goals against at 2.25. That is :amazed:

Never thought I'd see those stats for a Canucks team.

Bring back Kesler and Booth and that will go up a little but still, I think the team should do what it can to get a bonified top 6 scorer before heading into the playoffs.

Not that surprising. Luongo is playing like it's 2007 and we're missing two of our top 6 forwards. We have absolutely no scoring depth past our top line right now.

BerSTUzzi

Jan 24, 2006
Kamloops
I'm happy Edler putting up points but I rather he not suck defensively. He's been pretty bad in that regard all year so far

He's having some issues on the right side for sure....he does have some brilliant plays in his own end when he uses his size and patience.

Wolfhard

Jul 7, 2012
BC
In net, Luongo's only weak game stat-wise was when he came in to relieve Schneider. Schneider's stats haven't been impressive, but with more ice time he'll bounce back. That terrible Anaheim start is still weighing down his stats.

Discounting the first 26 minutes of the season, in that same game, when the whole team played like crap, Schneider's stats are far from bad.

1.94 GAA and .935 sv%

Hammer Time

May 3, 2011
Discounting the first 26 minutes of the season, in that same game, when the whole team played like crap, Schneider's stats are far from bad.

1.94 GAA and .935 sv%

That's what really worries me. Both our goalies are playing so well, and we're still not winning a lot of games. We can't expect Luongo and Schneider to bail us out every single night.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad