Statistics prediction for this season?

Mike Liut

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 12, 2008
Stastny - 25-45-70
Tarasenko - 40-25-65
Schwartz - 25-35-60

Might have to downgrade Stastny because it looks like he's not going to center Schwartz and Tarasenko like I originally thought. Downgrade Stas, bump Lehtera

LGB51

2019 STANLEY CUP CHAMPION ST. LOUIS BLUES!
Oct 9, 2013
Arcola, IL
Blues
120 pts and President's trophy winner

I hope not, they'll be on fumes again, or injured heading into the PO's. Praying for a 2nd or 3rd place finish, comfortable enough to rest key guys heading into the real season...At least the one that matters.

BlueDream

Aug 30, 2011
Yeah I want absolutely nothing to do with the President's Trophy. Hooray we did well in the regular season again and probably wasted all of our energy! Great job!

Alklha

Sep 7, 2011
The whole Presidents' Trophy stuff isn't really true. 40% of teams that have won it have went to the Cup Finals, which is a pretty good record when you consider the margin between the winner and the trailing teams typically isn't very large.

The team is going to go for wins in every game, our style of play has a bigger impact on how tired they will be rather than whether they win or lose a few games. No matter what we'll be chasing something at the end of the regular season, whether it is the Presidents' Trophy, Best Conference record, or home ice.

Multimoodia

Sicker Than Usual
Nov 6, 2010
The Range
The whole Presidents' Trophy stuff isn't really true. 40% of teams that have won it have went to the Cup Finals, which is a pretty good record when you consider the margin between the winner and the trailing teams typically isn't very large.

All the more reason for the Blues not to chase it then.

Kasparov

May 29, 2013
i think we drop a little in the PK department from last year after the loss of a certain number 17 who shall not be named and Polak.

Robb_K

Apr 26, 2007
NordHolandNethrlands
The Blues will score 260 goals, and give up 215. They'll earn 115 points. They'll have one 70+ point scorer, 3 60-69 point scorers and 2 50-59 point scorers. They'll kill 85% of their penalties, and score on 19% of their power plays. Stastny will lead with 70_ points, Tarasenko will score 35+ goals.

I'll predict individual scoring after the lines get set.

Mike Liut

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 12, 2008
I hope not, they'll be on fumes again, or injured heading into the PO's. Praying for a 2nd or 3rd place finish, comfortable enough to rest key guys heading into the real season...At least the one that matters.

Are they supposed to lose games on purpose to not win the President's trophy? I think the Blues are going to steam roll the regular season. I just hope Hitch monitors minutes throughout the season.

Robb_K

Apr 26, 2007
NordHolandNethrlands
Are they supposed to lose games on purpose to not win the President's trophy? I think the Blues are going to steam roll the regular season. I just hope Hitch monitors minutes throughout the season.

They have the depth this season to win The President's Trophy, rest their key players, and keep their top replacements from getting rusty, so they can be effective if needed in the playoff run and through the playoffs, themselves.

Mike Liut

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 12, 2008
They have the depth this season to win The President's Trophy, rest their key players, and keep their top replacements from getting rusty, so they can be effective if needed in the playoff run and through the playoffs, themselves.

Truth

2018-19 Cup Champs!
Mar 22, 2012
If Lehterä plays the whole season with Tarasenko, 10-18 goals + 35-50 assists. Low end/high end.

I'd say that's reasonable. Tarasenko is really looking good in this preseason. Once Schwartz gets up to speed, Lehtera is going to have plenty of skill to work with. I hope his conditioning is good enough to get him through a full NHL season and (hopefully) deep into the playoffs. I don't think it would be a terrible idea to treat him like an old vet the last couple months. Sit him on the 2nd night of a back to back, let him skip a practice or two every one in a while etc. We're going to need him fresh.

Rey

Jan 11, 2007
Who do you guys think is going to put up more points? T.J oshie or V.Tarasenko

Overkamp

Feb 22, 2007
Stastny-65 points
Schwartz- 75 points
Tarasenko-80 points
Lehtera- 65 points
Lindstrom- 50 points
Oshie-70 points
Steen-65 points