State of the League Address

Retail1LO*

Airing on the NHL Network right now. Curious to hear what everyone's taking away from this.

Some subjects touched upon have been the salary cap (up to 63M), Shanahan's new role, playoff officiating, Atlanta's relocation to Winnipeg, Phoenix, and why the two are different... Just concluded.

danishh

Dec 9, 2006
YOW
argh, forgot it was this early. Thought it would be at 7.
hopefully nhl.com puts the full video up later.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Surprised to see we're talking about a balanced schedule again. Which is fine with me, I had actually made the extra effort to see the Western Conference teams come to Philadelphia as opposed to divisional opponents.

molsonmuscle360

Jan 25, 2009
Ft. McMurray Ab
I figured it just would have been Gary walking up to the podium, and then saying "Not good." and walking away. He is probably still steamed about having to be in Winnipeg yesterday

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
What is the definition of a "balanced" schedule?

Might depend on re-alignment. Talked about teams wanting more games in their own timezones, which makes more sense if you're going with either a 3-conference league or 5-division league.

Killion

Feb 19, 2010
I figured it just would have been Gary walking up to the podium, and then saying "Not good." and walking away. He is probably still steamed about having to be in Winnipeg yesterday

Ohh, Your a Poor Sport Charlie Brown. Never mind that Lucy was wearing an ASG jersey while holding the ball for conversion. :laugh:

LadyStanley

Sep 22, 2004
Sin City
One other point WRT personnel movement/change: Colin Campbell stepping down as disciplinary czar; taking up some other hockey ops duties including overseeing Central Scouting (after McGuire's untimely death).

Brendan Shanahan (and perhaps a committee) will be taking care of discipline. (Mod note: it is beyond the scope of the BOH to discuss league discipline per se so I have not linked in stories about this. There is some thought that the length of suspensions, # of fines could increase. This is a topic for NHL Talk or team forums. I only mention it so you can look to add your voice there.)

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad