Luke DeCock: State of the Canes Q&A

HisIceness

This is Hurricanes Hockey
Sep 16, 2010
Charlotte
Not all of us former/current Pens fans are all that bad. I did exactly what you described - moved here in 2005-2006, originally planned on just going to the Canes-Pens games, but wound up going to a lot more than just that and fell in love with the Canes, then became a miniplan holder, then got up with friends to become a half-season holder.

Believe me I know there are others like you. But given that the Triangle has more transplants than actual natives (or at least it seems that way), and that most of these transplants come from the North, there really is no reason why this team can't put more people in the seats every night.

Reactions: sheriff bart

the halleJOKEL

strong as brickwall
Jul 21, 2006
twitter.com
sure there is

because they have been a ****** team with no direction and nothing to be excited about for the past 7 seasons straight

unless you are excited by horrific mismanagement and one of the cringiest in-game experiences in professional sports

RodTheBawd

Oct 16, 2013
Exactly. If you want to convert the transplants, put a consistent, good product on the ice. If I'm a Rangers fan that moved down here, why would I start supporting a ****** team? I'd say in almost all US markets, "hockey purists" that go to games simply because they love hockey are very few and far between. I love hockey, I'm a transplant that converted, but I only go to 10 or so games a year because it's just not fun nor worth the money.

poobags

8) 8) 8( 8)
Jan 27, 2013
Washington
sure there is

because they have been a ****** team with no direction and nothing to be excited about for the past 7 seasons straight

unless you are excited by horrific mismanagement and one of the cringiest in-game experiences in professional sports

Which is why it's so disappointing to be discussing moving the team when we finally seem to have found that direction.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad