Starting Six: Arizona Coyotes All-Time Lineup

Englishcoyote

Jun 15, 2015
Manchester, England
can't argue with the all time line up apart from i would of had bryz in front of smithy, for me personal he was a better goalie when it mattered, but smith was amazing in the run to the play off finals in 2011/2012 season.

Matias Maccete

Chopping up defenses
Sep 21, 2014
Give me Burke in net. I think if you're including jets players too you'd have to pick Sellane over Doan.

Jamieh

Apr 25, 2012
Bryz was almost singlehandedly responsible for a couple of playoff losses,
Smitty was a large part of some playoff wins.
Not sure I understand your point??
can't argue with the all time line up apart from i would of had bryz in front of smithy, for me personal he was a better goalie when it mattered, but smith was amazing in the run to the play off finals in 2011/2012 season.

_Del_

Jul 4, 2003
So you take Hawerchuk over Roenick(arguable, but fine), but then take Doan over Selanne? What?

Also, Smith who you admit was mostly a one year wonder over Khabibulin (quality play here, won a Cup elsewhere) or Burke (Vezina finalist here, 3 time All Star).

Englishcoyote

Jun 15, 2015
Manchester, England
Bryz was almost singlehandedly responsible for a couple of playoff losses,
Smitty was a large part of some playoff wins.
Not sure I understand your point??

was meaning over the whole of each players time in arizona, with out doubt smithy on his day was one of the best goalies in the league and when he was in form he would be unscoreable against, but for consistent play game in game out i'd go with bryz.

Heldig

Apr 12, 2002
BC
I would do the list for players that actually played for the Coyotes (so no hawerchuk or selanne).

Tkachuk - Roenick - Doan
OEL - Numminen
Burke

Gwyddbwyll

Dec 24, 2002
Tkachuk-Roenick-Doan-OEL-Numminen-Burke for me.

On GP alone it's
Tkachuk-Hanzal-Doan-Yandle-Michalek-Smith

Goalie is quite a four way battle.
Nik Khabibulin 126-113 - 0.908 and 2.75 GAA 1 x All star 18x playoff games
Sean Burke 97-78 - 0.919 and 2.39 GAA 2 x All star 10x playoff games
Ilya Bryzgalov 130-93 - 0.917 and 2.54 GAA 2 x All star 11x playoff games
Mike Smith 128-132 - 0.916 and 2.69 GAA 1 x All star 16x playoff games

Each of them leads a category outright.

I dont think anyone will ever beat Zac Bierk's season stats of 0.932 and 2.14 GAA in 16 games.

Matias Maccete

Chopping up defenses
Sep 21, 2014
I'd take Whitney over Doan and Hawerchuk over Roenick - IF we include Jets.

Whitney was good, but I'd take doan in his prime over Whitney. That Tkachuk Roenick Doan would such a skilled, but still physical line.

I think I'd keep Teppo, but I wouldn't really argue against Michalek (pre Pittsburgh) with OEL.

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011
Give me Burke in net. I think if you're including jets players too you'd have to pick Sellane over Doan.

I agree.

So you take Hawerchuk over Roenick(arguable, but fine), but then take Doan over Selanne? What?

Also, Smith who you admit was mostly a one year wonder over Khabibulin (quality play here, won a Cup elsewhere) or Burke (Vezina finalist here, 3 time All Star).

Hawerchuk was twice the player Roenick was. In net, I probably say Burke, but it's close.

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011
Post-2005 Roenick?

You pick any date you want. Hawerchuk was much better. Even TGO said that Hawerchuk's talent level was right up there with the best of them. You were probably too young, or maybe you didn't follow hockey at the time Hawerchuk played, but he was that good.

_Del_

Jul 4, 2003
First, Dale Hawerchuk was awesome. Reasonable people can give him a nod over Roenick, I admited as much. Reasonable people don't make statements like "twice as good as", "no evidence he was fired or a bad developer", or whatever your latest troll argument consists of.
Second, Wayne Gretzky once told my son and 700 other people that he thought he'd be the one to break his records. It means absolutely nothing.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad