Starting playoffs at home or away?

NHLcrazy

Feb 28, 2002
Montreal
Spring is coming (is it?) and the playoffs too...

Now if everything goes normally for the next 8 games will very likely finish 2nd or 3rd in our division.

Now which is better? Is having home ice such an important thing to have?

Let's look at the past 10 years.

Habs have played 11 series since the 2003-2004 season

3 with home ice advantage. Won 1 and lost 2. They were a combined 4-2 in the first 2 home games.

8 starting on the road. Won 3 and lost 5. They were a combined 6-10 in the first 2 road games.

I always felt it's better to start on the road. Less pressure, closer team and if you manage to win 1 or even 2 you come back home tied or with the lead and have 3 of the next 4 games in your building.

What do tou guys feel? You prefer starting at home or away?

FrontierPsyCHiatrist*

Just hoping Habs fans will show up in Tampa if we play them!
Last playoffs vs Ottawa, there wasn't really a playoffs fever in town at the start, even with home ice advantage. Maybe if we start on the road, there will be a crazier buzz in town for games 3 & 4... who knows.

Still voting for option 'Starting at home', because I would love to have home ice advantage for the 2nd round if we're lucky.

Price My Man Crush

Aug 27, 2011
Montréal
Lol guys...some here don't remember that we won the first two games against Boston (in their own building) three years ago and STILL ended up losing the series.

Hackett

BAKAMAN
Mar 4, 2002
Visit site
Winning the first 2 games one the road almost feels like a garaunteed series win, except it isn't for Montreal.

They blew it in 1996 against nyr, in 2006 against Carolina, and in 2011 against Boston. I feel now that if you are coming home with a 2-0 lead, your pretty much have to win game 3. You don't want the road team to start getting hope back, or the tables can turn right back pretty quick.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad