Starting a new keeper league - looking for dedicated owners

TkachuksMouthguard

Mar 17, 2007
London, UK
I've run a couple of leagues on Yahoo for a long time now and Im looking to start a new long term keeper league on the back of what I've learned from the other leagues.

The goal is to replicate a real world GM style as much as possible, with some fantasy liberties in the mix. Here are the basics:

12 teams.

Keepers
  • First year keep 7 players
  • Then each following year increase that by another 7 until you have 28 keepers. (7, 14, 21, 28)
  • After 4 years of play, we continue to keep 28 players.
  • Full roster size is 34 each year. So each year you still bring in 6 new players to mess with.
  • Each year you can also keep 1 additional rookie player. The following year you have to include that in your full keeper list of drop.

Scoring is H2H, with playoffs in final weeks.
Scoring is focused on the standard talent based stats. G, A, P, PPP, PPA, S, etc. for skaters. And W, GS, S etc. for goalies.

Draft, not sure if this possible but first year would be an auction, then after that all draft would be snake. This would give everyone an equal chance at players to start.
Then after first year snake would be based on standings, except bottom 3 teams get a lottery.
If switching draft style does not work, we would do snake from start and have a lottery for full league.

Those are the basics but I am open to refining the rules on the back of those basics.

I'm looking for dedicated players who respond quickly to messages in leagues and like a little smack talk. Ultimately would love to have the same gang together for many many years and go through championships and rebuilds. Give me a little info on your fantasy history if you are interested.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad