Starting 5 prospects who do you pick

TheKingSlayer

He was in the way!
Mar 12, 2008
Ottawa
Boldy - Byfield - Reichel
Harley - Seider
Jesper Wallstedt

Smart and heavy line with two smart d-men on the back with size and skating. The best goalie prospect since Carey Price between the pipes. Looks like a great top 5 for me. Certainly not the best 5 prospects, but makes for an excellent foundation to build around.

dekelikekocur

Mar 9, 2012
Yet Norlinder destroyed him in the playoff

Define "Destroyed"

Norlinder had 7 games, 6 blocked shots, 1 hit 5 points.

Sure, had same amount of points but Seider isn't an offensive defensemen, who btw racked up 25 hits 18 blocked shots and played 13 games while being a full year younger.

So in not quite twice as many games had 3 times as many blocked shots, 25x more hits.

I'd say Seider did more for his team's success than Norlinder...

Techcoockie

Feb 3, 2020
Mtl
Define "Destroyed"

Norlinder had 7 games, 6 blocked shots, 1 hit 5 points.

Sure, had same amount of points but Seider isn't an offensive defensemen, who btw racked up 25 hits 18 blocked shots and played 13 games while being a full year younger.

So in not quite twice as many games had 3 times as many blocked shots, 25x more hits.

I'd say Seider did more for his team's success than Norlinder...

Yet you forgot that Seider did not produce in playoff compared to Norlinder, let's normalize the stats first.

Seider: 13gp, 1g-4a-5P
Norlinder: 7gp, 3g-2a-5P

so, let's put those at 13-14gp.

Seider in 13gp has 1 goal, 4 assists and 5p, 18blocked shots
Norlinder in 13gp would have 6 goals, 4 assists and 12 blocked shots.

So, 1 goal vs 6 goals for a Defenseman is ENROMOUS and Norlinder brings an offensive game that Seider doesn't have.

you see it with montreal where the D produced ZERO POINT in the current playoff that you need offensive minded D before stacking big guys. so who is the best player I'm wondering ?

dekelikekocur

Mar 9, 2012
Yet you forgot that Seider did not produce in playoff compared to Norlinder, let's normalize the stats first.

Seider: 13gp, 1g-4a-5P
Norlinder: 7gp, 3g-2a-5P

so, let's put those at 13-14gp.

Seider in 13gp has 1 goal, 4 assists and 5p, 18blocked shots
Norlinder in 13gp would have 6 goals, 4 assists and 12 blocked shots.

So, 1 goal vs 6 goals for a Defenseman is ENROMOUS and Norlinder brings an offensive game that Seider doesn't have.

you see it with montreal where the D produced ZERO POINT in the current playoff that you need offensive minded D before stacking big guys. so who is the best player I'm wondering ?

If Norlinder was a better defensemen, you wouldn't have to make up imaginary numbers to account for his short amount of games played.

dekelikekocur

Mar 9, 2012
we keep ratio it to 7gp if you want, or does it break your logic that Norlinder is trash ?

Who's team went further and who played the greater contribution to the team success?

There is no break in the logic. You're trying to adjust things to compensate for an inferior player to create a comparison. When the only comparison is already established and clearly Seider is the better player.

Now run along and root for the habs, I hear they're gonna start challenging the leafs to a longest drought competition.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad