Start it now, Taylor Hall is a Hart favorite!!

13jetoil39

Apr 14, 2015
Maybe he won't win hart, it's still very early, so he could. But he is the OILERS hart and mine :p

Hallsy just been unreal this year

Hemsky4PM

Jun 25, 2003
Billeting Ales
Visit site
The best thing Hall has said this year is the importance of staying healthy. He would finish top 5 in voting right now. Kane would win, but his pace will slow. The field is wide open with Price hurt and Tavares, Crosby and Malkin having down years.

If the Oilers make the playoffs this year, Hall could well win the Hart (orLBP). Playoffs are a must though. Hall's production could even go up if McDavid plays with him and Drai.

Some stats:

4th in points
2nd in shots
T-1st in GWG (tied with Malkin)
T-2nd in +/-
T-2nd in ESP (behind Kane, tied with J. Hockey)
2nd in TOI among top 5 scorers in the league

These are MVP calibre stats. The GWG one might be the really key one. It's the stat that Hall has the best chance of leading the league in by the end of the season. If he can finish with 9 or 10 GWG, that's a very compelling MVP stat if he's also in the top 5 in overall scoring and leads the Oilers to the playoffs after finishing 3rd WORST IN THE LEAGUE the previous season.

Last edited:

hawks889

Jul 6, 2013
Edmonton, Alberta,
Yea Kane is easily the favourite right now. Hall doesn't have a great chance unless Chicago implodes, which isn't going to happen

As long as hawks continue to play well make playoffs, and Kane plays at current pace, its his Hart trophy to lose. Benn or Seguin with the dallas stars current stature are also possible. The trophy is almost always given to a top team player, so for now to consider hall a hart favorite is not likely.

hallhopkinseberle

Jul 14, 2007
london
I would say there is a small chance he wins the Hart/Art Ross.

Kane always gets hot 1st half and slows down 2nd half.

Hall always slows start and gets hot 2nd half.

Seguin/Benn are slowing down.

Edmonton makes the playoffs, he should be a Hart Nom

McDeathbyCheerios*

Random fact I saw on Twitter.

The Oilers goal differential since drafting Hall is

Halls career +/-?

Jesus

McOilers97

Jan 10, 2012
Random fact I saw on Twitter.

The Oilers goal differential since drafting Hall is

Halls career +/-?

Jesus

Pretty remarkable. I honestly don't know if any of the other recent 1st overall picks would've turned out as well as Hall has if placed into the same situation.

Last edited:

awesomo

Sep 12, 2007
location, location
its not that farfetched if the oilers make the playoffs and hes in top 5 in points

he prolly wont win it cuz kane is on a monster pace. but he might actually get some recognition

McOilers97

Jan 10, 2012
its not that farfetched if the oilers make the playoffs and hes in top 5 in points

he prolly wont win it cuz kane is on a monster pace. but he might actually get some recognition

Ya, I'm not expecting a win. If he's deservedly in the conversation at year end, that's enough for me. He never gets enough respect from other fanbases. They all mostly look at him as "another ruined #1OA by the Oilers", which couldn't be farther from the truth.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad