Pre-Game Talk: Stars @ Wings | 3pm on Sunday

Status
Not open for further replies.

Heaton

Feb 13, 2004
Auburn Hills
This is probably the game I've been looking forward to the most. The best player in the world, Benn (IMO, I know people will disagree), my favorite player Seguin, and Klingberg the next big thing on defense. Sharp is questionable after injuring himself last game.

This should be a good one, but I'm not looking forward to seeing this high powered offense against us with our defensive woes. Whoever is in goal needs to be on their game.

Cyborg Yzerberg

Nov 8, 2007
Philadelphia
This is probably the game I've been looking forward to the most. The best player in the world, Benn (IMO, I know people will disagree), my favorite player Seguin, and Klingberg the next big thing on defense. Sharp is questionable after injuring himself last game.

This should be a good one, but I'm not looking forward to seeing this high powered offense against us with our defensive woes. Whoever is in goal needs to be on their game.

Is Dallas your west team?

Tasteslikekevinbacon

Oct 26, 2013
Ontario, canada
The Stars <Insert Mugatu>

Green is in, Lando is out. Who else sits for the return of the Green one? Kindl who was pretty woof most of the game until scoring to win, or Smith who has looked pretty good with Kronwall?

Also, will Dallas let us have the puck for a couple minutes?

Claypool

Jan 12, 2009

Dallas is actually worse defensively than Detroit so far this season. They've given up more goals and their PK is in the bottom third of the league. What's getting them ahead is their power play and Detroit's PK has been pretty good this season. So no, I'm not too scared of Dallas.

Heaton

Feb 13, 2004
Auburn Hills
Dallas is actually worse defensively than Detroit so far this season. They've given up more goals and their PK is in the bottom third of the league. What's getting them ahead is their power play and Detroit's PK has been pretty good this season. So no, I'm not too scared of Dallas.

Dallas is also near the top of the league of S/GP while the Wings are dead last. It'll be interesting to see who matches up vs. Benn and Seguin.

Eggberto

Oct 26, 2013
This matchup worries me a little. The Stars D is pretty terrible, but their offense is stupidly potent. Given our recent troubles gaining entry into the zone and maintaining pressure this could be a rough game, BUT we also might be able to generate quite a few chances off the rush due to Dallas' D.

At the same time they might light us up.

I' not sure who but I'm fairly certain one of these teams is going to pot 5 goals.

sean3250

Feb 7, 2015
I wouldn't mind another 7 goal effort like last year. That sure was one of the more memorable regular season games this team has had in a while.

Dallas Offense > Detroit Offense

Detroit Defense > Dallas Defense (surprisingly)

Detroit goaltending > Dallas goaltending

Should be a good game. Mrazek/Howard is going to need to stand on his head probably.

Bench

3 is a good start
Aug 14, 2011
crease
Make no mistake, the Stars are a 1 line team. You need to control Benn and Seguin. They have 20 and 21 points respectively. Next closest forward has 12. Minimize their chances and you're in good shape. Discipline is key, as the Dallas powerplay is hovering over 28%. Don't play with that fire.

I'd imagine they'll match up Zetterberg and Larkin against them whenever possible. Should be fun to see how the kid handles shadowing Benn most of the day.

SpookyTsuki

Dec 3, 2014
Larkin will do fine in shadowing Benn or Seguin.
Z will do good. But he might be a bit slow.

wings shall win.

Bench

3 is a good start
Aug 14, 2011
crease
Larkin will do fine in shadowing Benn or Seguin.
Z will do good. But he might be a bit slow.

wings shall win.

Zetterberg is better than anybody at mucking up the game and slowing down star players. Subtle interference abound.

Wings will have to assure Kronwall is out there every shift against that duo, too. Probably just run the Kronwall and Ericsson pairing? Keep Smith away from them.

silkyjohnson50

Jan 10, 2007
When Datsyuk was on the ice last season against the Benn and Seguin he handled them. I'd actually like to see if Glendening can get under their skin. He's a competitor and would welcome the challenge. Z, Abby, and Larkin would be the only other line id want to see out there against them.

Also, I'm not a fan of afternoon games.

sean3250

Feb 7, 2015
When Datsyuk was on the ice last season against the Benn and Seguin he handled them. I'd actually like to see if Glendening can get under their skin. He's a competitor and would welcome the challenge. Z, Abby, and Larkin would be the only other line id want to see out there against them.

Agreed. Especially on a Sunday in the fall. I'm gonna be watching my Dolphins get roasted by the Bills on the road tomorrow. The game will probably be over at half so I guess I'll be able to catch most of the game. :laugh::laugh:

Detroit is literally the only 3 pm game tomorrow too. Every other game starts at 5 or later. The scheduling for Detroit has been pretty interesting so far this year, I'm not really a fan tbh.

Cyborg Yzerberg

Nov 8, 2007
Philadelphia
Make no mistake, the Stars are a 1 line team. You need to control Benn and Seguin. They have 20 and 21 points respectively. Next closest forward has 12. Minimize their chances and you're in good shape. Discipline is key, as the Dallas powerplay is hovering over 28%. Don't play with that fire.

I'd imagine they'll match up Zetterberg and Larkin against them whenever possible. Should be fun to see how the kid handles shadowing Benn most of the day.

Spezza's p good too though.

Also, that'd be the smart thing to do, but it's probably going to be the Glendening line.

aar000n

Oct 16, 2006
I still need a west team. Boston was my east team before we moved. I am looking at Edmonton at this time.

ap3x

Jan 31, 2014
Stockholm

Agreed. Especially on a Sunday in the fall. I'm gonna be watching my Dolphins get roasted by the Bills on the road tomorrow. The game will probably be over at half so I guess I'll be able to catch most of the game. :laugh::laugh:

Detroit is literally the only 3 pm game tomorrow too. Every other game starts at 5 or later. The scheduling for Detroit has been pretty interesting so far this year, I'm not really a fan tbh.

Just consider it a generous move for us Scandinavians. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad