Aavco Cup

"I can make you cry in this room"
Sep 5, 2013
IMG_0688.jpg

The least the NHL could do is schedule the Jets to play a game on his "day"

- no practice today
- we could see a couple more returnees to the lineup for this game
- St. Patrik seems to enjoy playing the Stars
- Dallas is on a long road trip. The game in Winnipeg will be 5 of 6. They play in Ottawa tonight and play in Washington afterwards.
- Dallas has been falling down the standings (only 1 point on this road trip so far)
- Sportsnet Sucks

Last edited:

Aavco Cup

"I can make you cry in this room"
Sep 5, 2013
It would be nice if Machoo could move the twine and throw that monkey off his back.

Reactions: ocdaddy

boyko10

44-11-9
Apr 27, 2017
Another game like the Chicago game please. Balanced scoring from all 4 lines. Perreault pots 2 please.

Good call, been feeling for Frenchie lately too. He's shown some frustration but I'm sure he knows he's good for more than just points.

Also really glad Roslo scored, he's earned it.

Reactions: Daximus

Daximus

Wow, what a terrific audience.
Sponsor
Oct 11, 2014
Five Hills
Good call, been feeling for Frenchie lately too. He's shown some frustration but I'm sure he knows he's good for more than just points.

Also really glad Roslo scored, he's earned it.

Agreed. Rosies best game of the season by far, he was all over the place. It's nice that it came with him playing center too, bodes well for his future in that position. Frenchie just needs to keep playing the way he has, the goals will come.

Jimby

Reformed Optimist
Nov 5, 2013
Winnipeg
He was 50% in the circle and beat Toews in at least one draw. That in itself makes him a bonafide C!

Agreed. Rosies best game of the season by far, he was all over the place. It's nice that it came with him playing center too, bodes well for his future in that position. Frenchie just needs to keep playing the way he has, the goals will come.

PerryPooley

Dec 28, 2011
Looking forward to another dominant home ice performance vs the Stars. Last night’s game helped restore my confidence in their ability to play at an elite level.

Reactions: QuietContrarian

MardyBum

Jul 4, 2012
Winnipeg, Manitoba
Had mentioned it in the mainboard Spezza thread, but damn the Stars really are a one line(and a dman) team.

Seguin, Rads, Benn and Klingberg have 68, 63, 61 and 58 points. The next highest is Janmark at 32 points in 70 games :eek:.

Shazzam

Now 20% Chunkier
Oct 29, 2015
Great White North eh...
I like the way this team doesn't seem to get rattled anymore. The last couple of games both had really weird starts. Last night we just shook it off, albeit to a team that really isn't the same as it once was. But that game against the Preds, with the crazy 2 short handed goals early in the first and and Hutch out with a concussion..... we showed a lot of character and were not out of the game until the end. I like the moxy this team is showing. Can't wait for the playoffs already.

Reactions: SUX2BU and YWGinYYZ

raideralex99

Whiteout Is Coming.
Dec 18, 2015
West Coast
It's only fitting that Laine scores more goals against a team named the Stars then any other team.
So how many does he score Sunday?

PhilJets

Winnipeg is Good
Jun 24, 2012
Somewhere nice
Win this game and Jets pretty much seal 2nd place!

Side items
Helly adding to his wins record
Team adding to their home wins record
Laine chasing multiple history and padding some of historical season.
Others?

This is the game if Laine will have a change to beat ovie on Rocket. Historically he has done well against this team. So a massive game from him point (goals) will separate him from Malkin and keep pace with Ovie.

Hope Helly gets a few more shutout this will help him with the vezina chase. Top 3 finish will be awesome.

Wheeler in Hart conversation. Even Maurice as Coach of the year conversation. They should be top 3 also.

One of the best regular season years for both Jets 1.0 and 2.0

Go JETS GO.

KEEP IT GOING!!!

KingBogo

Admitted Homer
Nov 29, 2011
Winnipeg
I'm looking forward to reports from practice tomorrow. Who Scheifele and Lowry do line rushes with will be very telling and Mo's post practice media scrum should give us any hints we need for who is back Sunday. Dallas will be a test as they won't be mailing it like the Hawks did.

Howard Chuck

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 24, 2012
Winnipeg
I'm looking forward to reports from practice tomorrow. Who Scheifele and Lowry do line rushes with will be very telling and Mo's post practice media scrum should give us any hints we need for who is back Sunday. Dallas will be a test as they won't be mailing it like the Hawks did.
That’s been on my mind all day.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad