Pre-Game Talk: Stars vs Jets Feb 24 7:00

Status
Not open for further replies.

tntkid

Fire Maurice & Chevy
Nov 27, 2011
Winnipeg, Manitoba
It is good to play Hutch as much as we can right now so we can figure out what our goalie situation is 100% for next season.

Pavs days here are nearing an end.

Mortimer Snerd

You kids get off my lawn!
Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014
It will be interesting to see if Chevy actually ships Fro and/or Stafford in that case.

Maybe he should but I don't think he will let discouragement show publicly while we are still technically in or very close to a PO spot. I hope he will at least not spend assets in a futile attempt to salvage something here. At some point we have to recognize that there have just been too many injuries for our fragile depth to handle. That plus the goalie strategy failing.

If the whole team, especially the goaltending had not collapsed after the ASB they might have an additional 6-10 points right now. That would be cushion enough to possibly hang on through these injuries but they did collapse. Now with more injuries on top of that it is looking pretty bleak. I don't want to be a quitter but at some point you have to be realistic. Maybe if Wheeler misses only a game or two and we get a goalie to steal a W or two ..... but that is clutching at straws.

Gotaf7

Nov 6, 2011
Yup it's pretty apparent that the org has finally realized the reality re Pavelec. Forget the rotation. The only real chance we have is for Hutch to get hot again...

Maybe a trade involving Pav is coming.:yo:

Last edited by a moderator:

Derfel*

The rotation isn't some kind of voodoo. Neither goalie is playing worth doggie doo right now so the rotation has become meaningless.

Perhaps, or perhaps something was working before and should have been leaned on instead of being abandoned. Again - I think it works. I also think playing the goalie that put on the "performance of the season" against the Stars is a better idea, which again is the "rotation".

But we'll see. The way the team has been playing, we may see both goalies on the ice tonight. Maybe one playing at forward! :sarcasm:

ICdave

May 11, 2009
Winnipeg, Manitoba
www.illegalcurve.com
Coach-Maurice-pre-game-chat-300x169.jpg

Coach Maurice pre-game: Is there any danger to diminishing Byfuglien with the constant shifting of him from forward to defence and vice versa? Would he ever need to just to leave Byfuglien at defence? What is Blake Wheeler’s status? Where is Eric O’Dell? What has he noticed about the team’s play at home? Does he change the philosophy of aggressiveness given the holes in the lineup? Was he expecting a tough stretch at this point in the season based on his style of play? What is he expecting from the Stars? Why is he going with Hutchinson? Is he willing to ride Hutchinson down the stretch? Is this home stretch the key opportunity for the Jets? Is the pressure of the playoffs impacting the team? What makes it difficult to getting back to the good, defensive style of game? Was it a given when Wheeler wasn’t a go to put Frolik on the 1st line and why?

To listen click here.

SensibleGuy

Nov 26, 2011
Perhaps, or perhaps something was working before and should have been leaned on instead of being abandoned. Again - I think it works. I also think playing the goalie that put on the "performance of the season" against the Stars is a better idea, which again is the "rotation".

But we'll see. The way the team has been playing, we may see both goalies on the ice tonight. Maybe one playing at forward! :sarcasm:

lol. Oh yes, the "performance of the season" game. I suspect Pav blew his load in that game. No point playing him again this year...

Mortimer Snerd

You kids get off my lawn!
Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014
It is good to play Hutch as much as we can right now so we can figure out what our goalie situation is 100% for next season.

Pavs days here are nearing an end.

Now that is a little ray of sunshine in an otherwise gray day! :)
I fell better already.:) No sarcasm.

SensibleGuy

Nov 26, 2011
So Pavelec has a incredible game vs Dallas and we go back to the goalie who has been light up like a christmas tree?

You go with the guy you think gives you the best chance to win. Not the guy that had a great game once.

Aavco Cup

"I can make you cry in this room"
Sep 5, 2013
@OddManRushWPG: Jonas Enroth to start against the #NHLJets tonight. Confirmed.

SensibleGuy

Nov 26, 2011
So if a pitcher throws a complete game shut out vs a team earlier in the year he gets skipped over in the rotation?

lol...like the fact that Pav's awesome game was against Dallas had anything to do with it. He was cooking that night. It was great. Has no bearing on tonight at all...

Derfel*

lol...like the fact that Pav's awesome game was against Dallas had anything to do with it. He was cooking that night. It was great. Has no bearing on tonight at all...

You could argue, using Maurice's logic, that Hutchinson didn't "get" a point last game, but in fact lost his team a point.

I don't necessarily agree, but the argument could be made.

Pavelec STOLE 2 points against Dallas in that game.

SensibleGuy

Nov 26, 2011
You could argue, using Maurice's logic, that Hutchinson didn't "get" a point last game, but in fact lost his team a point.

I don't necessarily agree, but the argument could be made.

Pavelec STOLE 2 points against Dallas in that game.

You could also argue that Pav has "lost" more points than Hutch has recently...

That game was several months ago. You realize that right? Obviously, Maurice wants to rely on one guy. He's giving Hutch a big chance to grab the reins and run with it. No guarantee it works, but he knows chances are better with Hutch than Pav...

bigplay41*

May 5, 2010
Winnipeg

Well thats your opinion we really cant say with certainty playing against Dallas had nothing to do with it. Hope your right big game for the boys i just personally thing Pavelec would of been the right call

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad