GDT: Stars vs. Ducks...Just Freakin Win

OttMorrow

Sep 18, 2003
This is quietly a HUGE game tonight.

A win gets us back on the right foot after a longer skid than most want to admit. It will serve to validate (to some) that fatigue was the culprit of the slump, and that the NHL schedulers are mostly to blame for helping the Hawks in their chase for the Division Title.

A loss, and we really need to assess what is going on with this club. Changes could come quicker than expected if we have anything less than a redeeming trip West over the next few games. If the Stars have a poor trip, and I was Nill, I wouldn't wait until the deadline to fix the leaks that will soon need to be patched up anyway.

OttMorrow

Sep 18, 2003
Ah, that brings me back to last year haha...I know you're kidding, but that said...

This year we really don't have a choice, but to succeed. To me, if we can add a big, defensively sound, left-shot, top pairing D, plus a top-6, net-front forward who can get some dirty goals...and if Niemi can come up big in the playoffs, we have a pretty good shot at this.

OttMorrow

Sep 18, 2003
we're going to draft near #20

reach on a european defenseman

not sign Goligoski and Demers

I'd be sad to see Demers go. I think it's unlikely to let BOTH go. I'd bet you some Poutine that one or the other will be in Victory Green next year. ;)

Reaching on draft day with our 1st Rounder?? We would NEVER haha.

Last edited:

Indianation65

Oct 14, 2014
Currently, North Tex
Coach Ruff says anything over 3 days is too much rest. Brett Hull, while a DStar, said you can never have too much rest. I hope Coach Ruff found a way to "scrimmage" the "too much" into irrelevancy. Go Stars...get the win, get over your 1st mini-slump!

LT

Global Moderator
Jul 23, 2010
Lehtonen is absolute ****. Get rid of him, holy ****.

Mr Misty

The Irons Are Back!
Feb 20, 2012
Meh, im ready to move on

Me too, but how are you going to blame this on Kari? It's a festival of turnovers and blown coverages. You aren't going to see a worse play than that shot from the hash marks, and Vatanan has a serious shot

LT

Global Moderator
Jul 23, 2010
I see 2 goals on 3 shots 4 minutes in.

With his track record this season, that's just unacceptable.

Mr Misty

The Irons Are Back!
Feb 20, 2012
I see 2 goals on 3 shots 4 minutes in.

With his track record this season, that's just unacceptable.

It's actually 2 on 4, and the 2 saves were above average. I have all the time in the world for reasoned criticism of Kari, but the team isn't showing up. We know he can't do it himself, so asking him to is not a smart way to play. On nearly a 60 shot pace against for heaven's sakes

Indianation65

Oct 14, 2014
Currently, North Tex
The entire team is rusty, and looking terrible. They have 2 periods to find their game, and anything can happen.
Would you pull Kari, would you already have done it, or would you keep him in knowing the entire team needs to get their legs under them?

alcolol

Aug 12, 2014
Dallas
Amateur question here... I live in Dallas and have time warner cable and cannot find the channel. Anyone care to help?

Edit: #319

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad