GDT: Stars visit Toronto

SourTemplePilot

Go Stars!!
Oct 10, 2017
Dallas, TX
Only 1 out of a possible 6 points on the road trip thus far.

I can live with the Pens loss but Montreal had a tank lineup and the Leafs didn't play all too well (compared to the last little while).

Not good at this time of the year.

They better empty the tank in Ottawa.

Reactions: Kcb12345

brighteststars

Feb 11, 2014
Only 1 out of a possible 6 points on the road trip thus far.

I can live with the Pens loss but Montreal had a tank lineup and the Leafs didn't play all too well (compared to the last little while).

Not good at this time of the year.

They better empty the tank in Ottawa.

Completely agree

FirstRowUpperDeck

May 20, 2014
Arlington, TX
The pre-season prognosticators had it right. Stars go from non PO team to borderline fighting for a wild card spot. Everything goes down to last game, probably. Who gets in decided by who plays well. Too bad the Stars couldn't ever build up any kind of cushion, because they aren't playing well, and I'm not sure you can count this second period as a sign the offensive slump is over.

They did play with passion for a while, but (granted, tired, but didn't stop Pens and Canadiens) ran out of gas, couldn't clear the puck, etc. Kari a bit tired, too, with the ramped up workload.

Schedule, road heavy and travel heavy. What is the deal with OTT-WPG-WSH.

Smelling Salt

Busey is life
Mar 8, 2006
Winnipeg
Honka last night:

9:58 TOI, including only 1:48 in the 3rd (three shifts including one that was only 13 seconds) and zero in OT.

GOOD JOKES HITCH

WhatWhat

Aug 7, 2014
Honka last night:

9:58 TOI, including only 1:48 in the 3rd (three shifts including one that was only 13 seconds) and zero in OT.

GOOD JOKES HITCH
Hitch even said his guys looked tired. If your D look tired the f***ing play the guy who has less than 10 minutes on the night and doesnt look remotely tired. Hitch needs to go ASAP

Tak7

Nov 1, 2009
GTA or the UK
Hey guys, question about last night's game:

Late in the third, Toronto pulled their goalie, and the Stars were stuck in their own zone for almost a minute before they iced the puck.

Why didn't Hitchcock use his timeout there? Seguin and the group looked gassed. Was there any reason / explanation for why no timeout was used?

SourTemplePilot

Go Stars!!
Oct 10, 2017
Dallas, TX
Honka last night:

GOOD JOKES HITCH

Didn't realize his ice time. That's f***ed up. Hitch and his veteran syndrome better start to equalize cuz it's some BS.

He's gonna ruin Honka real quick if he keeps this shit up. :shakehead

BfantZ

Jun 22, 2017
Hey guys, question about last night's game:

Late in the third, Toronto pulled their goalie, and the Stars were stuck in their own zone for almost a minute before they iced the puck.

Why didn't Hitchcock use his timeout there? Seguin and the group looked gassed. Was there any reason / explanation for why no timeout was used?
There is a new rule apperently . I could have sworn I seen teams call timeouts on icings this year though .

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad