Confirmed with Link: Stars sign F Craig Smith (1-year, $1m)

LT

Global Moderator
Jul 23, 2010
100% - love the adds for the 4th line. I think Smith (and Steel) could have a sneaky good season with 10+ goals.

And if they don't work out, we can bury them with no risk and have another 5-6 forwards who can get a shot too.

Dallas is disgustingly deep at forward. And we've basically given away 5-6 4th line quality players too.

Reactions: 506

Smelling Salt

Busey is life
Mar 8, 2006
Winnipeg
And if they don't work out, we can bury them with no risk and have another 5-6 forwards who can get a shot too.

Dallas is disgustingly deep at forward. And we've basically given away 5-6 4th line quality players too.
I think Dallas is disgustingly deep as long as Duchesne finds some chemistry with Seguin and Marchment if that is who he ends up with. It could end up as another Domi scenario where those two can't keep up physically or mentally with Duchesne.

Reactions: LT

Zrhutch

Mar 26, 2013
Texas
If mason Marchment is the worst forward in your top 9 that is a f***ing gross top nine.

Robertson-Hintz-Pavelski
Benn-Johnston-Dadonov
Marchment-Seguin-Duchene
Steel/Smith-Dellandrea-Faksa

That’s about as deep up front as the Stars have been in the cap era. There’s a few question marks (can Marchment bounce back, can Benn keep up a relative pace to one of his best shooting seasons, so on), but you’ve got one of the best lines in hockey, two second lines, and a fourth line with jam and some scoring touch with dellandrea and Steel. All that with Stankoven and Bourque ready to step in if somebody’s game goes to hell.

I say all that knowing that one of those 12 probably is gone in a trade for a D by September, but even with one or two gone you’d have Stankoven and Smith stepping into full time duty. It’s still gross.

FirstRowUpperDeck

May 20, 2014
Arlington, TX
I expect one of Benn, Pavs, and Seguin to have a down season offensively. We tend to expect a repeat of last year, but it rarely happens, at least for older forwards. Even Wyatt may have a sophomore slump. Then, there may be a surprise between TyD and Mush. Time will tell. Adding those 3 forwards is a good step in keeping our offense where it was, and we still may need to bring up Borque or Stank to stay there or improve, with Mush going 4th line.

Plus, we were very lucky last year with injuries, so I doubt 13+2 rookies are too many forwards for Jim Nill.

Elysian

Emo Stars Fan
Dec 4, 2011
Norton, OH
I'm hopeful Marchment is better in his second season. He won't be dealing with loss like he was last season, or at least the pain of the loss will be less.

Reactions: 506

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad